Replies

• Panda_Poptarts
    Panda_Poptarts Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    Please don't ban me.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    I make my own pop tarts and they are heavenly. Nutella and Fluff. Mmm.
  • Nausicca55
    Nausicca55 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I used to eat them but now I can't stand them. They're too sweet.
  • k_nelson_24
    k_nelson_24 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Oh man, pop tarts were one of the foods I grew up on! My favorite were the cinnamon sugar ones! I live in the states and they still sell them here. I also love the s'mores flavored ones with the chocolate and marshmallow filling. :smile: Sadly, they are now on my list of "avoid them like the plague" foods. :/
  • saragd012
    saragd012 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I cant remember the last time I ate a poptart, but of course I only ever liked the worst of the bunch (Hot Fudge Sundae in the freezer, and chocolate chip cookie dough toasted). The other flavors never appealed to me, and I always considered them a dessert.
  • momo_t90
    momo_t90 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I still have a bad sweet tooth and poor will power even at the store, but most of the time I'm able to stay under my limit or walk a lot to add calories. All this to say, I've got pop tarts in my pantry for sure. I don't have it every day, but they're there.
  • Rom3oJuli3tt
    Rom3oJuli3tt Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Brown sugar pop tarts sound delicious right now!
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I love the smores pop tarts the best. Hands down the best flavor. I also never buy them. Occasionally, hubs will pick some up if we are on vacation....that's probably why the kids like him better than me.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    it's easy to be disciplined if you are never tempted.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    These are the days I miss @magerum and his epic pop tart ice cream sandwiches....
  • cmoorofum
    cmoorofum Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    pop tarts aren't that tempting to me, its other things like reeses cups that I love!
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    I bought a box for a party. My kids were all over the leftovers. But we don't count them as breakfast. I treat them as any other sweets, like cookies. Once in a while won't hurt anything.

Note, I'm not against sweets in the house. We almost always have at least something around. I'm just choosy about what I decide to spend my money and calories on :wink:
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    I have a teenager, and poptart for him is like a food group. And is a form of money currency at high school....
  • tahxirez
    tahxirez Posts: 270 Member
    Options

whoa whoa whoa...this is a thing?
  • RougeSara
    RougeSara Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I ate pop tarts a couple of months ago. Then I saw that its 400 calories for one sleeve whereas i thought it was 200 for a sleeve. Never eating those delicious evil pastries again.
  • briscogun
    briscogun Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    it's easy to be disciplined if you are never tempted.

Agreed. Big difference between "can't" and "won't". But, that being said, it's also wiser to know yourself and remove the temptation if you know you won't be able to walk by the pantry and not raid it.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options

whoa whoa whoa...this is a thing?

Sure is. I make my own. They are one of the most divine things ever.
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options

Oh yeah! Ever try Nutella & Fluff spread on Pillsbury crescent roll dough, rolled up, then baked...........OMG...........delicious!
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    I love Pop Tarts. A warm cinnamon frosted one with a scoop of vanilla ice cream is yummy.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options

Oh yeah! Ever try Nutella & Fluff spread on Pillsbury crescent roll dough, rolled up, then baked...........OMG...........delicious!

**swoon**