Help

I've put in my excercises and what I've eaten. It says the dairy can't be put in because I haven't eaten enough..... but I have I've just excised load's

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    edited April 2016
    You need to eat back some, if not all, of your exercse calories.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    MFP is designed for you to eat back the calories you burn through exercise. In order to protect people who might otherwise go dangerously low on net calories, you can't close your diary if you don't eat enough to maintain your health and energy.

But you aren't *required* to close your diary. If you don't want to eat the calories, you can just skip closing your diary.

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Eat more. You should be aiming for 1200 net calories (after exercise) minimum, if not your goal.
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    MFP is designed to give you a calorie goal that does not include exercise calories. It's based on your general activities without including the calorie burns from deliberate exercise. When you exercise, you have to eat back some of that burn in order to properly fuel your body.

For example:
    Let's say you put in your stats, that you are sedentary, and that you want to lose a pound a week. The program gives you a 1300 calorie goal. If you eat that amount and don't do any exercise, you should lose approximately a pound a week.

If you do exercise and continue to eat 1300 calories a day, you should lose faster than 1 pound a week, maybe 1.5-2 pounds per week.

If you exercise and burn about 200 calories, you can eat some of those calories back and continue to lose weight at about 1 pound per week. Be careful with the way you calculate your exercise burns. Many calculators are not that accurate and will give you inflated numbers, which could cause you to erase your calorie deficit if you eat back all of them.