466 Calories under daily allowance- opinions??

Options
Tonight after a nice healthy dinner I decided to get my 30 minute power walk in so I could have some desert. I ended up not eating it which leaves 466 calories to eat still.

For the those that have been doing this for a while, and lost weight, and I guess really for anyone else that has an opinion, Will one or two days like that a week cause me to not lose weight? It kind of makes me want to go get pie. LOL Anyway thoughts are appreciated.

Replies

• AlexzKT
    AlexzKT Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    My answer to these questions is always the same - if you're not hungry, and don't want the dessert, then don't eat it. If you feel low on energy and a little hungry, get your pie (:

A few days under like that won't stop you from losing weight.
  • LaughingStraightToDaBank
    Options
    I agree with the person above. Eat when you are hungry and your body needs fuel, otherwise don't worry about it. As long as your body isn't going into starvation mode then it's fine. Also, you aren't doing it every day so it's good.
  • jamiegirl816
    Options
    if you aren't hungry then don't eat it! it really takes a lot for your body to be in "starvation mode". I think that MFP is trying to protect itself from encouraging people to diet in a negative way. They want you to eat, if you are hungry. I think a lot of people believe that they are speeding up weight loss or cheating the system some how by really reducing their calories. But really that just leads to binge eating and falling off the wagon. If you want desert- eat it. Its about making the right choices, and you did. So you CAN reward yourself, it doesn't mean you have to.
  • jid314
    jid314 Posts: 71
    Options
    Good question! I actually thought it was awesome when I wound up only eating about 1200 calories (when my daily allowance was 1630, now 1510). Then I started spending more time on the forums and got worried about the starvation mode that people keep talking about. The other night I didnt feel hungry but was under by about 300 calories so I had a snack worth about 200 calories because of what I had read :P

I know it sounds silly, but I've been very good on this lifestyle change and am doing better than I ever expected, so I'm scared to death of doing something to stifle it!
  • aims78
    aims78 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I was told to eat 6 small meals a day, but if you have a couple of days here and there where you are well under your calorie goal, and you just don't feel hungry then so be it. Just don't allow yourself to go into starvation mode. Otherwise, it will store the fat and burn the muscle, and you don't want that lol. Good Luck! :tongue:
  • aquasw16
    aquasw16 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I agree. Listen to your body.
  • Terriann7
    Terriann7 Posts: 78
    Options
    Thank you to everyone for the input. I completely agree now about MFP protecting themselves by discouraging too few calories but now that my head trash has been dealt with everything you all said does make perfect sense. :)

By the way, have any of you tried the new Fiber One 80 cereal? It is pretty good with only 80 calories and 10 grams of fiber. It makes a nice snack.
    Have a great week coming up!

Terriann