What Are You Eating?

Options

Replies

• endlessfall16
    endlessfall16 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    Tonight Papa John's pizza. Or maybe not, depending on if my family left me any "mostaccioli" that I bought yesterday as a result of all the reading about Italian food! :)
  • evee7340
    evee7340 Posts: 24 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I had sushi for lunch...then came home and my husband (not knowing what I'd had for lunch) suggested sushi for dinner. Who am I to deny him? :D

Most days I have oatmeal and coffee for breakfast, salad for lunch (but a GOOD salad, I love salad), and baked chicken and vegetables for dinner. That's what an average workday is like.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    vegan food

just finished eating brown basmati rice with edamame , black beans , nutritional yeast & braggs liquid

ill make a massive bowl of triple berry yonana's in a bit (banana nice cream)
  • shaybee377
    shaybee377 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Ground turkey with BBQ sauce, sauteed kale and carrots with garlic, and baked sweet potato!
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,989 Member
    Options
    I'm eating a cheeseburger and onion rings from Dairy Queen. Maybe not the most healthy option, but it fits in my calorie goal.
  • flab2fitmama
    flab2fitmama Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I eat basically everything I've always eaten, just in smaller portions. I 52nd to eat lighter earlier in the day and have a heartier dinner. My diary is open, feel free to have a look. I did have a couple of high days but it all averaged out over the week!
  • Cat0703
    Cat0703 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as my diary is open the friends. I eat what i ate before but with proper portions as I think it will set me up better in the long run.
  • jessasweightlossjourney
    Options
    I eat lots of protein, fruits and vegetables for breakfast and lunch and whatever everyone else is having at dinner in proper portions. The only thing I've cut out is soda and fast food and excess sugar. Portion control has been key for my weight loss :)
  • ridge4mfp
    ridge4mfp Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Today?

Breakfast: Slice of rye toast, hard-boiled egg, greek yogurt
    Lunch: Baked salmon, long grain and wild rice, broccoli
    Dinner: Chili dogs!
    Snack: Cottage cheese and peaches
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    today i had pizza, oats made with non-fat milk and sour cream, a quest bar, tempeh with a tasty marinade, blue tortilla chips with a dip made from non-fat yogurt, avocado and parmesan cheese. also had a half a protein drink, beanitos (they're tasty black bean chips), a few peanuts, brussel sprouts and broccoli.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    My diary is public. All vegetables are sauteed in an iron skillet over a spray of cooking oil or occasionally a spoonful of some oil. All meat is cooked in the same iron skillet. That's mostly real.
  • luiken23
    luiken23 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Apple & cinnamon oatmeal packet about 8 a:m, about 10 I eat 1 Apple, for lunch sometimes I have bake salmon with steam rice or brown rice, and broccoli it's very important or you can have pita bread with hummus for lunch,salad with bake chicken breast,at night fruit salad,or yogurt, all this depend your age,your weight,your high, I hope this help you up....just don't give up keep going...
  • ogmomma2012
    ogmomma2012 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Today: Creamed Spinach, thick-cut bacon, eggs, cheese, ham and a low carb tortilla. Keto! :)
  • Etsar73
    Etsar73 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    My diary is open. I eat what l want within reason and with some adjustments. I eat chocolate everyday and l eat bread. I eat knowing that food will be there tomorrow and that l don't have to eat all the food today. I sometimes eat at maintenance or over but l move on because l weigh everything l can and am honest with everything l log, both good and bad. I know it takes 7700 calories to lose a kg so eating at maintenance or over every now and then doesn't bother me. It's taken me a long time to get to this balanced way of thinking and eating.
  • Shelle33
    Shelle33 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Blackberries, Raspberries, Half an Avocado, Simply Protein Bar, Multivitamin
    Lunch: Sushi - tekka maki (with rice), cucumber and salmon hand roll (no rice), and a couple of bites from the bf's Yam Tempura
    Dinner: Miso-Tahini Roast Veggie bowl - cauliflower rice mixed with quinoa, roasted sweet potatoes, roasted broccoli, edamame, spinach
    Snacks: raw coconut ball, flat white with skim, 2 garlic stuffed olives, copious amounts of mineral water (my fav!)

I'm trying to keep my sugar intake low (mostly natural sources), as I have a family history of diabetes (mom is pre-diabetic). As a pescatarian who just relocated away from the sea, I'm struggling with the protein piece.
  • subakwa
    subakwa Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Breakfast - just coffee with whole soya milk

Lunch was a slice of seeded whole meal bread, toasted, with a slice of Quorn "ham" and a scrambled egg on top.

Dinner will be smoked trout with a salad and a chilli - lime dressing.

I'll have a snack at some point - crackerjack rice cakes (salt & vinegar) or skinny popcorn.
  • subakwa
    subakwa Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Shelle33 wrote: »
    As a pescatarian who just relocated away from the sea, I'm struggling with the protein piece.

I hear you! I am a veggie who would ideally go vegan, who is eating pescatarian to help with protein and still falls short!
  • _emma_78
    _emma_78 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I have oatmeal and a boiled egg for breakfast, seems to be the only thing that actually holds me over until lunch!

For lunch I have leftovers or something easy to put together (salad, yogurt and granola etc).

Dinner really varies. I eat a lot of chicken and fish. Usually with a veggie and a starch.
  • Colorscheme
    Colorscheme Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    I eat anything I want, to be honest. I've started limiting junk food because I don't get a whole lot of satisfaction from it. But usually I eat the following:

-bagels
    -pasta [usually a whole box of mac and cheese]
    -pizza [from scratch, including the dough]
    -fruit and veg
    -smoothies I make in my nutribullet
    -lean cuisines [usually one a week, sometimes less]
    -oven fries that I make with a whole russet potato

I lweigh and log everything so even if I do eat a box of mac and cheese, it doesn't really hinder anything. And I usually have a 500 cal deficit from all the walking/running I do.