So hungry

Options
it says I should be keeping my calorie intake at 1250. I've been doing this for a week and feel so hungry. I literally think of food all day and constantly hungry any pointers on how to feel more full?

Replies

• myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    What's your BMR?
  • KateTii
    KateTii Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    You can choose a slower rate of loss which will give you more calories but you won't be losing as much each week.

Otherwise, pick low calorie, high bulk items to fill your stomach - generally vegetables, salad, fruit, lean protein. Basically anything you can eat heaps of but for for a low calorie price.
  • abbieellis833
    abbieellis833 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
  • abbieellis833
    Options
    What's your BMR?
  • jmidd97
    jmidd97 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I'm confused; isn't the BMR the number of calories one would need even if bedridden/comatose? So shouldn't you be eating at least 1340, even if completely sedentary?
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Agree with the previous poster - if your BMR is 1340, you should not be taking in only 1250.

Are you exercising, and if so, do you log it into MFP and eat those burned calories back, so that your daily NET calories are at or near 1250?

Also excellent points in diannethegeek's post.
  • hulesjames
    hulesjames Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    To be honest your cutting at too low of a calorie deficit find out your calorie Maintenance Level and subtract 500 from that as for the hunger Drink Lots And lots of water hope this helps
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,009 Member
    Options
    jmidd97 wrote: »
    I'm confused; isn't the BMR the number of calories one would need even if bedridden/comatose? So shouldn't you be eating at least 1340, even if completely sedentary?

No. There is no reason your body won't address a calorie deficit by tapping fat for energy for BMR calorie needs in the same way that it taps fat for energy to get out of the bed or to walk on a treadmill, assuming you have enough fat for your body to keep up with your daily deficit. Indeed, if you ate the 1340 calories (if that's your BMR), you almost certainly would still be burning fat to fulfill part of your BMR energy needs, unless you nibble away at your calories at a constant rate around the clock.
  • abbieellis833
    Options
    AmyRhubarb wrote: »
    Agree with the previous poster - if your BMR is 1340, you should not be taking in only 1250.

Are you exercising, and if so, do you log it into MFP and eat those burned calories back, so that your daily NET calories are at or near 1250?

Also excellent points in diannethegeek's post.

I haven't started working out yet I was getting diet under control this week first oppose to totally changing everything at once. I stay active though I have two kids work on my feet all day and constantly on the go. The number I got has been from this site and a few other ones on line too.
  • abbieellis833
    Options
    hulesjames wrote: »
    To be honest your cutting at too low of a calorie deficit find out your calorie Maintenance Level and subtract 500 from that as for the hunger Drink Lots And lots of water hope this helps

Thanks