Thinner thighs HELP!!!

I'm trying to slim my thighs but it recently clicked in my head that squats and leg press etc aren't helping me slim by thighs but make them bigger since I'm working the muscle. Does anyone have any tips on how to slim my thighs?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Calorie deficit
  • martyqueen52
    martyqueen52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Calorie deficit

^^*******
  • myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    HIIT and tabata.
  • khiry41
    khiry41 Posts: 2 Member
    You have to do more miles either on the track or treadmill. Squats running and healthy foods are the key .
  • McCloud33
    McCloud33 Posts: 959 Member
    Calorie deficit

The only way to thin your thighs is by losing weight. And in losing weight you will not be able to target where that weight will come off (ie. situps don't make you lose more weight in your stomach, and running doesn't make you lose more weight in your legs). Your genetics will determine where and how fast fat leaves the different parts of your body when you are in a calorie deficit.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    edited April 2016
    You probably aren't getting larger from exercise. You might be doing what I do, which is to lose fat in my upper body first, which makes me FEEL like my legs, especially my thighs, are getting larger. (I've learned to love mine the way they are, without having lost all the fat off them).
  • howekaren
    howekaren Posts: 159 Member
    You cannot spot reduce. Ditto what McCloud33 says. Also, you cannot "lengthen" or "slenderize" muscles either by ballet or yoga or what have you. Those characteristics are also genetically determined. And since the vast majority of seniors in nursing homes have mobility issues, squats and leg presses are going to be protecting your future mobility. Slightly more important than a thigh gap or wearing skinny jeans.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    edited April 2016
    When you first start lifting, you're going to notice some water retention in your muscles and yes, it can mean that your thighs (or arms for many folks) gain in size a bit. It's just water, though, and if you're eating in a deficit you will still be burning fat, which means that eventually you're going to see that size decrease if you have fat in that area (which you do unless you're already very very lean.) I wouldn't drop the squats/leg press. They are going to help the overall shape of your legs so that once that fat is gone you like what you see.
  • DAM5412
    DAM5412 Posts: 660 Member
    Take your measurements, and stop eyeballing. But honestly, it's very unlikely that squats and leg presses are making your thighs bigger, although after working them you will see some swelling as the muscles heal. Muscle is much more dense then fat, so if you feel you have bigger legs, working them will slim them down eventually. Watch your diet and keep doing the work.
  • SarahPeters3
    SarahPeters3 Posts: 100 Member
    Like everyone else is saying lose the layer of fat through a caloric deficit! Track everything you eat and make sure you burn more than that each day and over time you'll be happy with the result!
  • svinson319
    svinson319 Posts: 20 Member
    I've been spinning and my butt and thighs are both looking smaller/thinner.
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    depends on whether fat is causing your thighs to be less than thing. years ago i had super low body fat, but thanks to genetics, i still didn't have thin thighs.