40 somethings (Motivation and Support from 40 years old and older)

Options
My name is Dee and I am 43 years old. My weight has been a struggle for years. I am looking for motivation and support from the 40 and over MFP family. I would love to hear your success and struggles, get ideas and suggestions, what works and doesn't work and just make friends to go on this journey of living a healthier active lifestyle.

Please add me or leave me a message.

Thank you

Replies

• moya_bleh
    moya_bleh Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Hi, 42 in March. On a mission to get in the best shape of my life. Feel free to add me!
  • KE1972
    KE1972 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'll be 44 in March and want to make this my year to get myself in shape and healthy. Feel free to add me. I've lost 8 since last week but couldn't update my start weight. Started last year and then stopped for a bit so just started up again now that I feel ready.
  • StephDefa28
    StephDefa28 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi Dee! I'm 41 and have 100+ to lose. I lost about 80 when I was younger and then life happened and I gained that back plus more. I have found that the same things that worked for me before no longer do! Add me and we can give each other some motivation.
  • MamaFunky
    MamaFunky Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I turn 42 in a few weeks. I lost 15 lbs about two years ago and have been maintaining ever since. MFP is a great tool to help you along your journey. Good luck! You can do it!! :smile:
  • genas1975
    genas1975 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Just turned 40 in November. I have put on some weight and finding it really easy to put on and really hard to get off. Please add me if you have any tips or tricks, or meal plans that really work.
  • HBoogie473
    HBoogie473 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am 42 and eating healthy and resisting the urge to snack is also a STRUGGLE. I want to feel more in control of my eating habits.
  • Dorothy_C
    Dorothy_C Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Just turned 40. Used MFP in the past to get off a lot of weight. my weight has done a slow creep and I find myself back on MFP looking to lose 15-20 lbs. Add me if you'd like.
  • Ckeymom
    Ckeymom Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm 41, and have managed to lose 36 pounds. I've got 14 to go, and I've hit my first plateau. I'm getting measured this Friday, so I'm hoping I've dropped inches, even if I haven't dropped pounds in a while. Add me if you would like.
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Hi, 40 and have been on here a couple of months. Dropped the weight I wanted to and am now concentrating on tightening up and building muscle slowly.
  • chellekoren
    chellekoren Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I'm 43, needing to lose the weight I gained from pregnancy, again. Fourth child lol. So here I am again, feeling like I can commit now and log consistently and exercise regularly. I need to lose about 25 to 30.
  • kcpond
    kcpond Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am 47. I have been using MFP for about 2 1/2 years now. I have been able to lose 22 lbs on here. Unfortunatly, due to stress and work issues I gained about half of that back and I am now working on losing again. I seem to have been able to refocus but I would like to lose another 20 lbs.
  • nkg41
    nkg41 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm 41 and want to be in the best shape of my life. Would like to get lean, toned body and want those abs of steel! :)
  • christenwypy
    christenwypy Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    40 year old mom of 2. I work two jobs and I am a full time student. I need all the support I can get. Trying to lose 44 lbs.
  • crtvw743
    crtvw743 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    49 year old, put on 50lbs from broken ankles 2yrs ago and now trying to take it off. it sure was easier to put it on then take it off. Looking for support help and willing to be support help.
  • ajara13
    ajara13 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    49 in Oct. Feel free to add me.
  • Navallez
    Navallez Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Hi 46 and need to lose 100+ lbs...I can use all the motivation and support I can get, feel free to add me :)
  • Emma33021
    Emma33021 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    41 here. I've lost 50 lbs since last august. Counting calories and exercising. I think I am in the best shape ever. I have now hit a plateau and hanging at 209 for a while. I need to lose around 30 more. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • BewitchedBelinda99
    BewitchedBelinda99 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 44 from Brighton, UK. Been on MFP for a couple of years with my weight fluctuating. I want to get the weight off and keep it off! Struggling with exercise due to a dodgy knee though. Add me :smiley:
  • 2011rocket3touring
    2011rocket3touring Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    Turned 50 this year. Looking to drop 60 to 80lbs. Down 15 so far. I log every day and my diary is open.