After work drink ideas

Options
I want to have a glass a wine when I come home but don't want the calories or sleepiness that comes with it. Water is boring after drinking all day. Any ideas?

Replies

• elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    What type of drink are you looking for? Alcoholic? Non-alcoholic?
  • dannmorris
    dannmorris Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Non-alcoholic
  • elphie754
    Options
    Ahh, that makes things so much easier. If you don't want your drink to have tons of calories, I'd suggest buying diet. My go to drinks are iced tea, diet rootbeer and propel. I buy the teavana tea and make iced tea with it. It's amazing!
  • pomegranatecloud
    pomegranatecloud Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Sparkling water, kombucha, or tea.
  • elphie754
    Options
    Sparkling water, kombucha, or tea.

Kombucha is fermented and contains about 1% alcohol.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    You might consider Gatorade. Not too many calories and it might just do you good.
  • jakkrk
    jakkrk Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I do water and unsweet tea. You have to watch the sodium in all the other drinks. Get some MYO to add to the water. It all depends on you and your end goals.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    How about making sun tea? Add some lemon delicious. B)
  • CaseySteenport
    CaseySteenport Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Screw this non-alcoholic thing. Have a nice glass of red wine. Good for your heart and it's one of the more calorie efficient alcoholic drinks. :smiley:

• LuckyNumbers
    LuckyNumbers Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Screw this non-alcoholic thing. Have a nice glass of red wine. Good for your heart and it's one of the more calorie efficient alcoholic drinks. :smiley:

I second this suggestion. I try to fit in a glass of wine almost every night - good for my mental health.

That said, there are lots of other options - check out Pinterest for various lemonades and teas. There's a lavender lemonade recipe that I'm planning on trying out, but I will obviously be adding vodka. Obviously. Once in a while, I like a nice, hot tea with lemon to calm myself before bed. But usually, wine does the trick. :smile:
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    I drink Perrier by the crate. 0 calories, natural grapefruit, lemon, lime, or orange flavour, and it's sparkly and makes me feel fancy. Sometimes I shake some cocktail bitters in too or a splash of pomegranate juice.
  • chimaerandi
    chimaerandi Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I find personally I really like the ~ceremony~ and pampering of a glass of wine almost as much as the wine itself, so I buy fancy sparkling lemon water or something like that and drink it from a champagne flute.