What are some of your pet peeves?

Options

Replies

• Fitwarrior7_Round_2
    Fitwarrior7_Round_2 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    People that chew their gum like a cow.
    When I hold a door for someone and they don't say thank you.
    X2 people who get on an elevator before everyone that needs to get out gets out.
    When driving and someone takes a left from the right hand side of the lane.
    People that don't use blinkers or wait until the last second to put it on when I want to turn into their lane.
  • kcongel90
    kcongel90 Posts: 95 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    People that are proud of being stupid or ignorant.
    People that don't respect personal space.
    People that use the words "hubby" and "wifey" seriously, or any other baby talk version of words. Speak like an adult! (Unless you're just joking around, obviously.)
    People that ask me redundant questions. "How long did you heat your food up for?" "One minute." "And that was enough?" "Yes" "So I only need to heat this up for a minute?" WHAT DID I JUST SAY.
  • mpfand
    mpfand Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Adults that talk baby talk like "doggie" and "pannycake".

People that ask how you're doing when they run into you but don't wait around for your answer.

People who wear lounge clothes or pj's out and about. Seriously, you don't own real clothing or are you really just too lazy to get dressed? Or is some kind of bizarre fashion statement?

People who can't stop looking at their phone even when you're talking to them. Just rude.

People who drive after they've been drinking. If you don't care enough about your own life at least care enough about others......

People who don't have their priorities straight. As in, they can't make their rent payment but they had money to eat out and have a mani/pedi.
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    Tsartele wrote: »
    My number one is not being able to do my job because I am waiting on you to do yours...

YES. THIS. SO MUCH THIS.
  • Nausicca55
    Nausicca55 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Socks worn with sandals. Drives me right up the bloody wall.
  • brockk342
    brockk342 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Cutting across the double yellow line on corners
    Not using your blinker.
    People who go into the turning lane just to go straight (congrats you saved 5 seconds)
    People who cant park.
    Guess all my pet peeves have to do with driving.
  • huntersvonnegut
    huntersvonnegut Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    People who don't flush. Like they expect the next person to admire their handiwork. "Oh, I see you had corn for supper!"
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    Duplicate threads
  • Staceym2112
    Staceym2112 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    1) People that don't have inside voices
    2) People that chew with their mouth open
    3) Know it alls
    4) Ear Spacers and facial piercings other than a stud nose ring and one eyebrow piercing
    5) People who don't use turn signals when driving
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Duplicate threads

There's nothing new under the sun.. or on MFP. . but that's okay! This stuff needs to be discussed by a new group of people. . and resurrecting old threads gets just as much grief. .
  • suzreen
    suzreen Posts: 2,455 Member
    Options
    I hate it when someone interrupts when someone else is talking. I also hate it when people talk on their cell phones on public transportation. Basically, if they talk loudly on public transportation. I hate it when people, including myself, aren't civil or merciful to others.
  • Char231023
    Char231023 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    When people sit on stairs. There are plenty of tables with chairs and benches, yet you choose to sit on the stair leading into the building. Those of us who use the stairs for their intended use have to walk around you!
  • bkstein40
    bkstein40 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Co-workers that think pulling in the parking lot at 8 AM and walking in the door at 8:02 is on time, when starting time is 8 AM.
    After I clean house if the family is home, will look as though I did nothing with in an hour.
    Walking on my wet floor, can't you wait 10 minutes for it to dry. Now I say I am mopping, going once going twice, now you have to wait til its dry. Recently I got a steam mop, now the wait is much less.
    Guys who wear their pants down to their knees, I don't want to see your under garments, please pull them up.
    I have lost 45 lbs on MFP journey, when somebody says you have lost too much when I know in fact I have not, I look amazing and am within my healthy weight range. Instead of judging maybe they should join me on my road to success.
  • CardiganandFlannel
    CardiganandFlannel Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Talking over the music I'd rather be listening to.
  • wilsoncl6
    wilsoncl6 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    1. People that refuse to use turn signals in their car.
    2. People that stand to close to me while having a conversation, worse yet is if they have a habit of spitting.
    3. Trying to hold a conversation with me while I'm doing something that I'm interested in (i.e. watching a show).
    4. People that don't flush, pee on seats, or are just generally nasty in public bathrooms simply because they don't have to clean it.
    5. Relying on someone else that I need information from or materials in order to do my job.
    6. People that refuse to get over to let others onto the road when they can easily do so or people that refuse to get out of the fast lane and hold up traffic.
    7. People that text while driving and weave all over the road.
    8. People that ride my bumper at high speeds on the freeway.
    9. People that complain about things that they can fix but refuse to do anything about it.
  • jennaraemyers
    jennaraemyers Posts: 41 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    -When people roll their eyes at me.
    -When I have to repeat myself.
    -When you open the door or hold the door for someone and they don't say thank you.
    -When my roommate sings loudly in her room and it can be heard all over the apartment. You are not Celine Dion. And quit with the damn vibrato!
    -When people talk on speaker phone, I don't need to hear your entire conversation.
    -When someone talks down to you, or acts like they are better than you.
    -Chewing with your mouth open.
    -People who don't watch their kids in public places, and they're running around like little a**holes.
  • BoozeRun
    BoozeRun Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    ^^^ Chewing with your mouth open.
  • suzreen
    suzreen Posts: 2,455 Member
    Options
    Speaking of pets, irresponsible pet owners are a big pet peeve! Leaving a dog in your yard 24-7, barking and neglected. Yeah, I HATE THAT!
  • JenniferSchaffer1
    JenniferSchaffer1 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Just got back from the store lady says I just don't know why I cant lose any weight I said maybe you should look at what you are buying cart was full of bread, pasta, ice cream, brownie mix, oatmeal cream pies, and pop. Can't stand people that do this!