Best workouts to lose weight quickly?☺️

Options
Any ideas on workouts that are best to lose weight quickly?

Replies

• fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Calorie reduction. Focus on THAT for the quickest weight loss.
  • luke_charlotte280712
    luke_charlotte280712 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have been, daily goal of 1500 calories ☺️ thanks
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Fork putdowns and table push aways.
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »

LOL. Exactly. :-)

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »

@Hornsby ...you beat me to it.

OP, weight loss is simply a bi-product of consuming less energy than you're expending overall. What exercise you're doing or not doing is pretty much irrelevant. Weight loss isn't a fast process...it is a very slow one. That's simply a reality that you're going to have to wrap your brain around. It's a marathon, not a sprint.
  • luke_charlotte280712
    Options
    Thanks guys!
  • prosperitii
    prosperitii Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Honestly I found that running will give you quick results with weight loss...even if you just light jog, try the app: couch 2 5k to start it is an excellent beginning running tool, and it's free to download.
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    Options
    I have been, daily goal of 1500 calories ☺️ thanks

Okay then, the quickest calorie burn would be running. Generally 100 cal a mile (and that's a general average so yes it would be different for different people, but 100 is close enough for general speaking), so the faster you run, the more you will burn. You can burn 600 cal in an hour of running, at not even a very fast pace (a 10 min mile).
    That said, you could wipe that out with 2 chocolate chip cookies. :-)

Calories. Very important.
  • flippy1234
    flippy1234 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    High Intensity Training. Set up several exercises and do them for a minute each 3 times. Killer!
  • Gun4a
    Gun4a Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Agree with all the above but also, try HIIT.
  • luke_charlotte280712
    Options
    I know thanks! I generally do running anyway as a quick calorie burner! 1 hour run today and 600 calories down so it's quick good!☺️
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    Options
    Honestly I found that running will give you quick results with weight loss...even if you just light jog, try the app: couch 2 5k to start it is an excellent beginning running tool, and it's free to download.

If someone runs, but consumes a balance of energy, they will not lose weight. It comes down to consuming less than your expend. Running is a great fitness activity and it increases your expenditure like any other exercise...but you still have to have your diet in order.

If exercise...running, cycling, etc were for weight loss...then what are people like me who are just fit and maintaining doing all of this exercise for...I mean surely it I would be losing weight right now if exercise was for weight loss considering I cycle around 80 miles per week and lift 3x per week...walk the dog and do some hiking, etc.
  • luke_charlotte280712
    Options
    @prosperitii that's what I generally do anyway is running, I find it easy and a quick calorie burner and everyone has said! Thanks ☺️

• mhosner
    mhosner Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I agree with what others have said but I would also like to offer you up some of my workout suggestions. They will not turn you into a super model over night but they are great workouts that I feel burn a lot of calories.

I love hiit workouts.. also Google bring sally up challenges. They might sound silly but let me tell you those are also great workouts. When I lost weight before I did that style of working out and had success. I am hoping I find some motivation to do them again. Good luck.
  • blues4miles
    blues4miles Posts: 1,481 Member
    Options

I disagree with this concept of running as the magic bullet. Yes it burns more than walking, but not by a whole lot. A lot of people find themselves hungrier when they first start running. A lot of people find they retain water when they start something strenuous like running which can in fact make it look like it's inhibiting weight loss. I've ran anywhere from 10 miles a week to 35 miles a week over the last several years, this is just my personal experience.