Dan 6' 1" 213lbs trying to get trying to get to 185.

Options
Im Dan I'm a father 29 years old trying to lose my Dad weight, I started at 185 pre parent and got up to 220 now at 213. Always interested in hearing people's stories and would love to offer support..
Peace out!
Dan

Replies

• higgster23
    higgster23 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Alright Dan, good to hear you're back on it! What's your daily macros?
  • danielrfisher86
    danielrfisher86 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    50%carbs, 30%fat, 20%protein
    Which I tend to stay true to
  • txcaveman
    txcaveman Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Hi Dan. I've got a few years on you. I'm 41 but my kid is 8. Having always been a big guy, I really let myself go a while back and shot up to 276 lbs. I'm now 247 and have a goal weight of 199.
    I ran four 5Ks last year and will run another in 2 weeks. Now I'm signed up for a sprint triathlon and am training to not die.
  • higgster23
    higgster23 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Yea, maybe try a 40/30/30 with protein being the 40. Will speed it up a bit dude
  • danielrfisher86
    Options
    higgster23 wrote: »
    Yea, maybe try a 40/30/30 with protein being the 40. Will speed it up a bit dude
    I will definitely change things up and see how it goes, would you suggest powder for the extra protein?

• danielrfisher86
    Options
    txcaveman wrote: »
    Hi Dan. I've got a few years on you. I'm 41 but my kid is 8. Having always been a big guy, I really let myself go a while back and shot up to 276 lbs. I'm now 247 and have a goal weight of 199.
    I ran four 5Ks last year and will run another in 2 weeks. Now I'm signed up for a sprint triathlon and am training to not die.
    Doing races is how I got back on track again and now I've added strength routines as well which I think has improved my times. Keep up the good work always good to hear from another Dad. My guy is 4 now and we are building routines and things are coming together