Trouble starting

Options
2»

Replies

• Sumiblue
    Sumiblue Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options
    Start by resetting MFP to maintain and see what the calorie goal is. If you exercise you burn calories and eat back all or some of your calories back. This is the part everyone has to figure out for themselves. If you do lots of cardio you are going to burn much more than I do from lifting weights. You could end up still in deficit if not eating those calories back.
    I still eat back my lifting calories (many do not) because I maintain doing so. I'd rather eat as much as I can.
    You will know what works for you calorie-wise by seeing what your weight does. Maintenance weight is generally a range not a static number. I weigh daily and I pretty much know that on the weekend, after 4-5 days of lifting and a higher calorie day or two, my weight will be at the high end. It always goes back down. I will tell you, I'm enjoying maintenance calories very much!
  • rachelmazour
    rachelmazour Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Awesome thanks so so much:) that's super helpful
  • KombuchaKat
    KombuchaKat Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    If it makes you feel better up it slowly. Maybe try as little as 50 calories a week. Just remember that once you get to maintenance don't freak out if you have a slight increase, everyone fluctuates from day to day, especially women with our monthly cycles. Maybe even make a pact with yourself that you won't weigh at all for a bit, and just go by how you feel and your clothes. I've been in constant weight loss mode for years and would love to get to maintenance. Good job on losing the weight and you will do great keeping it off. :)
  • rachelmazour
    rachelmazour Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    If it makes you feel better up it slowly. Maybe try as little as 50 calories a week. Just remember that once you get to maintenance don't freak out if you have a slight increase, everyone fluctuates from day to day, especially women with our monthly cycles. Maybe even make a pact with yourself that you won't weigh at all for a bit, and just go by how you feel and your clothes. I've been in constant weight loss mode for years and would love to get to maintenance. Good job on losing the weight and you will do great keeping it off. :)

Thank you!!!! I think that's what I'll do!:) thanks for the tip:)
  • Budjola
    Budjola Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    also whenever in doubt input more food if your are not sure if its 100 or 110 grams put 120 just to be on the safe side. its mental and it will help a lot