200 pounds off and counting!!

Options
nsblue
nsblue Posts: 331 Member
Well today when jumping on the scales I have reached 200 pound lost!! This has been since september 25th 2009, 21 months ago and I just had to share it.

It has been a long hard journey, one that has taught me alot, but most importantly that one's health is of most importance and lifestyle change has to happen to grasp it and maintain it. I have spent much of my life overweight/obese.... been on diets and lost , only to regain more. One might ask, well how do you know it won't happen again? that you won't gain what you lost? Somehow I just know. Things are just different this time.

In Sept 2009 I had my wake up call that I really had to do something. At 550lbs hardly able to walk without gasping, on 2 needles of insulin a day (90u & 80u), high blood pressure and a hernia which my gut is fully outside of my abdominal wall... i needed to change. But what happened to make me see this???
My husband of 25 years was rushed into emerge and was diagnosed with diabetes, high cholesterol, high blood pressure and penile cancer. He immediately had a total amputation then a few months later a lymphadenectomy. He worked hard those months to regain some quality of health by going on a diabetic diet (which I did too) and we were able to lower his blood pressure, diabetes and cholesterol in doing it. The day he had his staples out, he had another set back...a heart attack and had to paddled back. When getting a stent put in, he received news on the pathology of his lymph nodes... it was negative. We felt like life had handed us a wonderful gift. We both started walking, and we were only up to 10 minutes twice a day when in march things turned.... our walking ended.....with pain on his perinieum he was rushed into surgery where they found a tumor of the same kind as before.. ca scan revealed mestates to the lungs...he was terminal. he had radiation to relieve pain and was able to come home for a month then went back in hospital .Then in July, he passed away. Watching my husband die and fight so hard for every breath he took will remain with me. My husband and I started this journey to healthiness together.... I now walk alone.
Life is too precious not to fight for the health one needs and deserve. I hope none of you have to go through such things in life to realize this.

There are some before pics on my profile and some of me along my way... and will be more as I contune on my journey to healthiness. I hope you too will join in and get healthy for you..you are important, and life does matter while we have breath in us.

Replies

• salina33
    salina33 Posts: 1
    Options
    Wow... I am so proud of you. I dont even know you reading this feel like you need a special acknowledgement for being this strong.

You should share how you lost the pounds with the group here.

Thank you for inspiring me.
  • BJB69
    BJB69 Posts: 2
    Options
    Amazing, well done!! xx:happy:
  • Nikki_is_Knotty
    Nikki_is_Knotty Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    sorry for your loss. Its been a rough journey for you, but i hope that it continues and gets a little easier. You have done amazing and will continue!! Keep on keepin on!!
  • Leanz
    Leanz Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    Blessings
  • rachmaree
    rachmaree Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I am sorry for your loss, and congratulate you on your progress- you look fantastic. Really inspiring.
  • JoJo1953
    JoJo1953 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    So sorry for your loss, and your story is inspiring!!! Keep up the amazing job you are doing and congrats on your awesome loss so far!!
  • KyleGA
    KyleGA Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    You are a strong woman! Props to you for keeping up the good fit and continuing down the path to a healthy lifestyle!

I'm very sorry for your loss...but as your profile states, he is now your inspiration!

Your story is an incredible example of preseverance! Your drive, your commitment...WOW!

Way to go with ALL your progress thus far and happy body transformation with the rest of your journey.

ttfn
    Kyle
  • 88tolose
    88tolose Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry for your loss.
    You are amazing, what a remarkable journey you have had so far.

Stay strong.
  • peggy1209
    peggy1209 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Amazing . . . from the pictures, your life seems truly changed!
  • Waynes_World
    Waynes_World Posts: 333
    Options
    Sorry for the loss if your husband.. You have done an amazing job and you are a inspiration to us all.. I wish you the best of luck during your journey ;}
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    I am sorry to hear of the loss of your husband but I am very proud of what you have accomplished. You are an inspiration.
    Keep up the good work and I pray that God will Bless you and the rest of your journey.
  • staps065
    staps065 Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Wow! That's quite an accomplishment! Sorry to hear about your hisband! Keep up the good work!
  • 58rocker
    58rocker Posts: 28
    Options
    I am so sorry to learn of your loss too, you are amazing to keep going and have lost this amount of weight. I know you have your husband willing you to complete your weight loss target and you are an example to us all here on MFP.

We know you can do it! God bless
  • dgirllamius
    dgirllamius Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Wow, you are truely amazing.

To lose that much is incredible.

Sorry to hear of your loss of your husband.

You truely are an inspiration to us all.

:)
  • maryrshstattoo
    maryrshstattoo Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    It is so good that you are continuing the fight for health. Best wishes and keep up the amazing job! It is so worth it!
  • twooliver
    twooliver Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh, what an amazing woman you are! I'm in tears reading this. That you chose to fight for your life rather than let your grief take you down is brilliant! What an inspiration you are to us all!

Thank you!
  • Irene8509
    Irene8509 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    You have great courage and strength to continue on your path. My thoughts are with you and may you gain a sense of peace and happiness at the goals you set and achieved. I am very proud of you. You are an inspiration. Best of luck on your journey...
    Irene
  • keljo05
    keljo05 Posts: 173
    Options
    I'm so sorry that you had to go thru so much and lose your husband, you have turned the tragedy into such an inspiration that I know he is always looking down on you with pride and encouragement. ((((hug))))
  • martymum
    martymum Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    You have really touched me with this. My beloved Aunt died after an 11 year battle with cancer. She inspired me to give up smoking (she had ca of breast, uterus, cervix,lungs ...all removed). So in October 2009 I stopped fannying about and quit smoking. That was it, not another *kitten* since. Unfortunately I went from 10 stone to 131/2 stone and to this day she is still my inspiration. I have beaten cigarettes now I will beat my weight. I want to inspire my children to be healthy and watch them grow into men for Yvette because she never can.

Whenever I want to give up I look at the photo on the wall and know she is there cajoling, pushing and supporting me every step We will do this for ourselves and for those who join us in spirit..:heart:

martyxxx
  • mrstotal180
    mrstotal180 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Sorry for your loss. Thank you for taking the time to share your story with us. I was so emotional after reading your post, especially when you said something like "I hope none of you have to experience something like this to get serious". This statement shows your concern for others. It hit a note with me because I have been on and off the wagon for years. I have all the tools and knowledge to live a healthy lifestyle,but can't stay committed. I am happy to have found MFP and plan to use it in my fight to be healthy. My husband and I want to be a role model for our family. There is no other option. Thanks again.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!