MISSDEEHERE'S ONE WEEK CHALLENGE~FOR SHORT TERM GOALS

Options
:heart: MISSDEEHERE'S ONE WEEK CHALLENGE~FOR SHORT TERM GOALS :heart:

FOCUSING ON ONE WEEK AT A TIME, WHEN THE BIG PICTURE SEEMS TOO OVERWHELMING.......

:smile: Small changes can bring on big results!! :smile:

FOR THE WEEK OF: June 26 to July 2, 2011

CHOOSE ONE OR MORE THINGS YOU WANT TO WORK ON FOR JUST THIS WEEK, BUT DON'T SET IT TOO HIGH OR UNREACHABLE!!

And please, Make your week the week that works for you. Sun to Sat or Mon to Sun, whatever is YOUR week!

:glasses: One small step at a time :glasses:

:drinker: You will reach your MAIN GOAL for sure, if you break IT into small actionable steps. It’s should be as easy as 1-2-3!

1) Choose something you know you can do easily.
2) Add more difficult tasks to your plan.
3) These small steps will get you started, motivated & help build routine for long term success!!

:bigsmile: Anyone interested in joining us for another week, or a first week, or a get back on track week? :bigsmile:

:flowerforyou: Hope to see my old friends & hope to make some new friends! :flowerforyou:

:love: Thank you and you may friend me if you like, but please include a message in your friend request :love:

Link to last week
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/267734-missdeehere-s-one-week-challenge-for-short-term-goals

Replies

• missdeehere
    missdeehere Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    READY........................ SET.......................... GOOOOOOOOO.......................................... :drinker:

I am excited to see what the new week will bring. It’s always interesting!! LOL
    This past week I had a 1.4 weight loss. Could/Should have been more but it was NOT a gain, so I’m ecstatic!!
    New goals for this week include sticking with my Strive for Five!! My husband has 4 DR appointments in Pittsburgh over 2 days so I will be mindful of spending 3 1/2 to 4 hrs in the car each day. :-( Makes for rough Lunch Times as well. We usually grab lunch on the road.

My plan will be for at least 5/7 days

Strive For Five.
    1) Walk 20/30 min.
    2) Exercise something
    3) Stay within my calories
    4) Stay within my Sodium
    5) Prepare & Paint Bathroom

:drinker: GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!! AND REMEMBER TO STAY HYDRATED!! :drinker:
  • Seesaa
    Seesaa Posts: 451
    Options
    LAST WEEKS= I will be aiming to working out 5-6 times at the gym.
    gonna stick to salads and oat meal for breakfast and lunch to get rid of the water weight i gained this week from my first week in canada.

Umm...had salads everyday...pretty much so didn't do to bad.
    Lost 2.3 lbs so lost the water weight.

did not get to the gym as many times as I wanted to. That will change this week
    I will get to the gym 5-6 times this week.
    I hope to lose 2-4 lbs this week.
    Also I will walk for an half an hour in the mornings.
  • missdeehere
    Options
    LAST WEEKS= I will be aiming to working out 5-6 times at the gym.
    gonna stick to salads and oat meal for breakfast and lunch to get rid of the water weight i gained this week from my first week in canada.

Umm...had salads everyday...pretty much so didn't do to bad.
    Lost 2.3 lbs so lost the water weight.

did not get to the gym as many times as I wanted to. That will change this week
    I will get to the gym 5-6 times this week.
    I hope to lose 2-4 lbs this week.
    Also I will walk for an half an hour in the mornings.

:flowerforyou: SEESAA

GREAT LOSS THIS WEEK!! GOOD LUCK ON YOUR NEW WEEK!!
  • mxmandani
    mxmandani Posts: 109
    Options
    Alright, something easy I guess:

Stay under my calorie goal all seven days of the week!

Something difficult (but I know I can do it):

Work out in six of the seven days in the week!
  • missdeehere
    Options
    Alright, something easy I guess:

Stay under my calorie goal all seven days of the week!

Something difficult (but I know I can do it):

Work out in six of the seven days in the week!

WELCOME mxmandani :flowerforyou:

Good Luck this week reaching your goals!!

I agree, goal 1 ~ piece of Cake!! goal 2 ~ Tough one, GOOD LUCK!!
  • missdeehere
    Options
    ♫ HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU ♪ ♥ ♫ HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU ♪ ♥ ♫ HAPPY BIRTHDAY CRAZYQUILTER ♪ ♥ ♫ HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU ♪ ♥ ♫

_____i_i_i_i_i_i_i_i_____

l_______HAPPY_______l
    l______BIRTHDAY_____l

WE LOVE YOU TOO!!
  • casseh
    casseh Posts: 58
    Options
    New to this... but looking for something small to get me started.

1) Water and pepsi max only - no other softdrink/juice which I drink way too much of. Breakfast EVERY morning, oatmeal or an up and go on the mornings that I don't have time.
    2) No fast food at all this week. I work next to a supermarket, so there is no excuse to grab something fried and greasy instead of a salad and tuna.

My week will be Monday - Sunday
  • Whatnow50
    Whatnow50 Posts: 93
    Options
    Perfect idea as I'm jump starting for two weeks....
    gym everyday now that I'm on summer break.
    apple everyday.
    stay below calories for day.
    drink water!
    log food everyday!

Good luck everyone, we can do it!
    :wink:
  • cafeteriagirl
    cafeteriagirl Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I started out well last week but then things went downhill. I am going to do my best this week to start my morning walks again. Heres to 3 mile brisk walk mornings. Thanks for the motivation Dee:smile:
  • crazyquilter36
    Options
    ♫ HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU ♪ ♥ ♫ HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU ♪ ♥ ♫ HAPPY BIRTHDAY CRAZYQUILTER ♪ ♥ ♫ HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU ♪ ♥ ♫

_____i_i_i_i_i_i_i_i_____

l_______HAPPY_______l
    l______BIRTHDAY_____l

WE LOVE YOU TOO!!

Thanks MissDee!
    I am in again this week for 450min of exercise =) Gool luck everyone!
  • FabOma08
    FabOma08 Posts: 500
    Options
    The last 2 weeks I've set too many goals that I wasn't able to meet. I'm rethinking things.

Goal 1: remember to take my vitamins daily(sounds easy but not remembering to take my pills is how I ended up with 3 kids!)

Goal 2: clean out/organize 1 area every day(thanks mssdee)

Goal 3: Wear pedometer daily and increase every day at least a few steps! I'll be posting by step instead of by mile this week!

And I'm going to leave it at that!
  • angie_roo
    angie_roo Posts: 55
    Options
    My goals for this week!

Exercise daily. I got sick last week and started slacking off. I want to join Curves, so that plus walking on the other days.
    Continue my goal of drinking at least 8 glasses of water a day.
  • Believe4
    Believe4 Posts: 22
    Options
    Back on Track
    1. Log in every day
    2. Exercise 4 days
    Goal is to lose 1.5 1bs this week.
  • sl1mmy
    sl1mmy Posts: 185
    Options
    Hi everybody! Hi Miss Dee !
    Hello from Canada !
    I'm new to MFP and I love the idea of mini goals.

1. Drink 4 glasses of water a day.
    2. Stay under limit of my food everyday
    3. finish organising dining room
    4. resume workout or see a cardiologist
    5. eat at least 1 vegetable twice a day

Thanks for letting me join.
  • lizabeth24_10
    lizabeth24_10 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    This is just what i need to get back on track!!

So for my fist goal...i am going to limit myself to 1-2 latte's this week! I have to take small steps at breaking this addiction i have for coffee!

For my next goal...i am going to say NO to any alcohol...its so hard with summer being here and everything! All my friends are having bbq's and whatnot...i know i can do this though!!

My last goal for the week...to lose 1 pound! i know i can do this too!! :)

Good luck to everyone and their goals!! :)
  • bachooka
    bachooka Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Okay I'm in again! 2 weeks in a row! go me!

Unfortunately that is about the only goal I got done this week. So I am gonna try a little less pressure for myself.

1)Water (gallon a day)
    2) 2 morning workouts
    3) Show up next week to do it again (and try to check in!)

TOM showed up with 4-6lbs of luggage for the week... so hopefully I will see a loss this coming friday!
  • bachooka
    bachooka Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    The last 2 weeks I've set too many goals that I wasn't able to meet. I'm rethinking things.

Goal 1: remember to take my vitamins daily(sounds easy but not remembering to take my pills is how I ended up with 3 kids!)

Goal 3: Wear pedometer daily and increase every day at least a few steps! I'll be posting by step instead of by mile this week!

HAHA yeah Totally the same boat on the kid thing!
  • FabOma08
    Options

HAHA yeah Totally the same boat on the kid thing!

And looks like we both need to ease up on ourselves as well! No sense in making a bunch of goals we don't meet! I believe mssdee told me "babysteps!!!"
  • FabOma08
    Options

Adding a goal: In keeping with my pedometer goal, I will park in the farthest spot I can find at every parking lot!
  • KrisPage
    KrisPage Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Again parking at farthest spot in the lot, and getting back to lunch walks. Keeping a calorie deficit of 500 or more daily to loose another lb this week.