wii zumba + HRM = Calories???

Options
So im thinking of getting Zumba for wii. Anyone got one and use it with their HRM? I got a polar FT4 so i know what i burn will be accurate, just wondered how many cals people were burning using the hrm with zumba wii?

If it burns alot then ill invest in it

Replies

• lhurtubise
    lhurtubise Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    If I play the "game" for 30mins I burn between 475-500 calories. I have the same HRM as you. I am still over 200lbs though so the amount you burn will be different depending on your weight. It's worth $30 though. It's fun!
  • sarahavery
    sarahavery Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Im jst under 300lbs so do u think ill burn a good amount of calories?
  • plummersmate
    Options
    What a great idea, I have a Garmin 405cx with HRM and have started using it for walking the dogs to see what (if anthing) I burn(previously only used for running). I was surprised. I have just bought the Zumba CD's and wasn't sure how I was going to track that workout. Thanks!
  • sarahavery
    Options
    i love my HRM use it all the time for any exercise thats not normal activity - like cleaning and working
  • simplysara9
    simplysara9 Posts: 521
    Options
    I burn an average of 5 calories per minute when playing Zumba Wii.
  • Bella0608
    Bella0608 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I have Zumba for wii and I would recommend it its great fun and really gets you going!!
    not sure how many cals you burn tho I just log it under aerobics!!
    :)
  • lhurtubise
    lhurtubise Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Im jst under 300lbs so do u think ill burn a good amount of calories?

You will definitely burn a good amount of calories if you are moving and shaking the whole time!
  • sarahavery
    Options
    Anyone else got good burn using a hrm with zumba wii?
  • pantoinette
    Options
    My friend has got Zumba for Wii and I have played it with her and it is great fun! what does HRM and FT4 mean? Or am I being silly?
  • sarahavery
    Options
    HRM - Heart rate monitor

FT4 - this is the make of heart rate monitor i have. its made by polar
  • kariannk
    kariannk Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    i love to dance so zumba i thought ahh nice, but when i started i was like this is kicking my butt in a good way. love it i feel like i'm burning a hole bunch because of how hard i have to work and that my clothes are soaked when i am done. i recommend it.
  • justin_time
    Options
    Take a look at www.zumbacalories.com to estimate how many calories you would burn doing a zumba class or on the Wii, enter your weight, workout duration and workout intensity.
  • mbeltran06
    mbeltran06 Posts: 57
    Options
    I have the Garmin 210 HRM and I use it for everything :) I have Zumba for the Wii and in 45 minutes on a good day I can burn between 200-300 calories....you should definitely get it....it's sooo much fun....
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Take a look at www.zumbacalories.com to estimate how many calories you would burn doing a zumba class or on the Wii, enter your weight, workout duration and workout intensity.

Hey, thanks for this!