High fat low carb

Options
can anyone share high fat low carb meals??

Replies

• mommazach
    mommazach Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Pinterest lady. I found some killer recipes. My favorite is a jalapeño popper chicken breast made with pork rinds. It's amazing.
  • Cheesy567
    Cheesy567 Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    Steak (or other meat) and a side of low-carb veggies :). Eggs, bacon or ham, avocado for breakfast.
  • no_day_but_2day
    no_day_but_2day Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Google is your friend
  • Panda_Poptarts
    Panda_Poptarts Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    Anything "keto" will be great for you. I google, pinterest, etc.
  • Losewtforlife4him
    Losewtforlife4him Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Do you feel that eating this way helps with weight loss or are the calories much higher?
  • no_day_but_2day
    Options
    joobey wrote: »
    Do you feel that eating this way helps with weight loss or are the calories much higher?

I feel I get much more food for less calories this way and their much more satiating.
  • sammyre12
    sammyre12 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I watched Emily Skye on live chat the other day and she said to stay full feeling and not binge eat at night she eats high fats and low carbs during the day and high carbs and low fat at night. Of course I can find stuff online but I was just wondering if anyone had neat or different recipes. I don't like eating the same things all the time. Boring!! Jalapeño popper chicken sounds super yummy!!cheesy567 I actually usually eat that for breakfast already :)
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,518 Member
    Options
    My diary is open, feel free to take a look. I aim for at least 60% of calories to come from fat.
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Bunless burgers with veggies on the side
    Pot roast minus the potatoes
    Quiche/frittatas
    Giant salad with egg, bacon, avocado and whatever veggies you like
    Full fat Greek yogurt with a lower sugar fruit added in
    Sausage stuffed peppers
    Spaghetti squash with meat sauce
    Jalepenos (or your favorite peppers) stuffed with cheese and wrapped with bacon. For a more meal like option, also stuff with chorizo
    Bacon wrapped onion rings as a side. Delish.
  • bagge72
    bagge72 Posts: 1,377 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Here is an idea of what I eat on my low carb weeks which is every other week, I'm kind of doing anabolic so it is 5 days of really low carb, and two days of eating whatever I want as long as I stay within my calories. This doesn't include the spices or hot sauce I put on my meat

Lunch
    Generic - Green Beens Boiled, 1 cup (125 grams)
    Olivia's - Organic Baby Spinach, 1 cups (85g)
    Cabot - Cheddar Cheese Sharp Light Snack, 1 bar
    Great Value - Cheese - Mozzerella, 0.33 cup
    Wegmans - Ground Beef, 80%, 10 ounce
    Carrots - Fresh, Raw, Baby, 85 grams

Breakfast
    d O Lakes - 2% White American Cheese Per 28 g (2slices), 28 g
    Thin N Trim - Oven Roasted Turkey Breast, 2 oz
    Teddy's Smooth - Peanut Butter, 2 tablespoons
    Ham - Sliced, extra lean, 55.0 g

Snacks
    Oranges - Orange, 2c
    Abound - Unsalted Whole Cashews, 1 cup
    Teddy's Smooth - Peanut Butter, 2 tablespoons

Dinner
    Perdue - Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts 40 Pack, 9 oz
    Baby Carrots - 1 Cup - Baby Carrots - 1 Cup (Info From Livestrong.Com), 0.5 cup baby carrots
    Generic - Beans - Green (8 Oz.)(226g), 56 g
    Butter - Salted, 1 tbsp

• jj79miro
    jj79miro Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have been on a low carb diet for quite some time now. Contact me and I can guide you through it. I have lost 32 lbs in 8 weeks.
  • Mccloud74
    Mccloud74 Posts: 788 Member
    Options
  • sammyre12
    sammyre12 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the ideas and info :)
  • Losewtforlife4him
    Options

I feel I get much more food for less calories this way and their much more satiating.

I can totally see how this would be more satiating. My sister does trim healthy mama and says the same thing. The only thing I don't quite understand is the calorie part of it since higher fats would be more caloric. I need to check out some recipes or meals. Would you mind listing some that you use?
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    @joobey It works because they are sticking to a daily caloric goal.
    Any type of diet you choose will work if you just stick to those calories.

There was a professor that ate twinkies for 10 weeks to prove this point.
    He lost 27 lbs staying within his calories.
    I have chosen a high fiber and good carb diet.
    Lots of veggies, beans, lentils, oatmeal, quinoa, etc.
    Easy for me for some reason. Losing weight.
  • no_day_but_2day
    Options

I can totally see how this would be more satiating. My sister does trim healthy mama and says the same thing. The only thing I don't quite understand is the calorie part of it since higher fats would be more caloric. I need to check out some recipes or meals. Would you mind listing some that you use?

Yes. Fat has more calories but what the person said above is correct:I stay within my calories. And this is done bc I limit the amount of carbs. For example, I'm at 1500 calories with roughly 140 grams of protein, 50-70 grams of carbs or less and 80-90 grams of fat or less. I fill up on the protein and high fiber-non starchy veggies and add in the fat where I'm allowed. Veggies and avocado are really the only carbs I eat (well and peanut butter) but I eat so many of the veggies that I reach my carb count and feel full!
  • Losewtforlife4him
    Options
    Any type of diet you choose will work if you just stick to those calories.

There was a professor that ate twinkies for 10 weeks to prove this point.
    He lost 27 lbs staying within his calories.
    I have chosen a high fiber and good carb diet.
    Lots of veggies, beans, lentils, oatmeal, quinoa, etc.
    Easy for me for some reason. Losing weight.

Ok so you do still track your calories correct? That's what I wasn't sure about because with THM approach, they eat "E" and "S" meals separately or sometimes combined and to me that gets confusing but there's no tracking calories yet people lose weight like crazy. Interesting about the Twinkie study lol! I can't imagine how drowsy that professor would have been...at least I would have slept for days from a sugar coma haha. Thanks for taking time to explain. I'm at a 1200 calorie diet and have lost 21 lbs but think I would like to try more of this approach to eating to feel fuller maybe than what I've been.

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

Not all keto dieters monitor calories. The atkins Web site for example has a carb counter that only counts carbs.
  • PearBlossom9
    PearBlossom9 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    If you want to loose weight, yes you must count calories on Keto. No matter what diet you are on, the simple principle of burning more calories than you eat is what makes you loose weight. Various diets exist because everyone has their own way of being happy while loosing weight.

On keto, you aim to stay under a carb goal, aim to hit a protein goal, and eat fats to feel full, up to a specific amount.

I use this calc : http://keto-calculator.ankerl.com/

This is what the calc comes out to for me:

1388 kcal Daily Calorie Intake
    40 g Carbs (12%, 160 kcal)
    91 g Protein (26%, 364 kcal)
    96 g Fat (62%, 864 kcal)

so you see, I stay under 40g of carbs. I aim to eat 91 grams of protein. Then I eat up to 96g of fat. Obviously the less fat you eat the more of a calorie deficit you have which = more weight lost. This calc, however, is at a deficit for me so I do aim to eat close to those calories most days.

THM is an utter scam to me. It's an over complicated system that pushes their own branded items for their recipes.

Want to loose weight? Eat less calories. Pick a diet or system for you that you can live with.
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    PINTEREST.