How much weight do I have to lose to get down to this size...?

Options
13»

Replies

• Bmoremama
    Bmoremama Posts: 84 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    This depends so much on your build, but I was 246 pounds last March and was busting out of a size 16. I was probably truly an 18 or even 20. I am 170 pounds now and wearing all 6s and 8s. Most people do not believe I am 170 because of my particular build.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    This thread makes me feel like an elephant. I'm 5'5" and just about 140lbs, the lightest I've been in about 20 years, yet I'm still a size 10, Medium. Maybe an 8 if it's Old Navy. :/ I don't think I have a large build - my wrists are pretty small and I can't wear any of my rings any more, but maybe I do...
  • MeiannaLee
    MeiannaLee Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    It depends on your bone density & where u carry ur fat.
    However there comes a point where if you get small enough, you WILL fit into the small sizes, but if your body isnt up for it, there can be a lot of consequences and health effects.
    Ex: Im pretty medium/big boned. So my body was most comfortable wearing size 3 jeans. However after losing even more weight I was able to fit a size 0/1.
    The side effects? Dizziness, moodiness, migraines, quick temperament, lack of appetite, missed periods; basically it was my body telling me it was time to gain weight.
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,804 Member
    Options
    It all depends on your body, when i was st my fittest, almost 3 years ago, i was 136 lbs, im 5'7", and still wore size 11 pants.
  • Colorscheme
    Colorscheme Posts: 1,179 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    trjjoy wrote: »
    dbanks80 wrote: »
    I am not trying to be mean but how does a sleeping pill make you gain weight if you are sleeping?

THIS

Eating more calories than your body burns will result in gaining weight. Nothing else has that effect.

Because Seroquel is sometimes prescribed for sleep in low doses. It makes you hungrier and lazier. Fatigue is a side affect as is increased appetite, and it's also known to cause metabolic issues long term. I was on it, gained ten lbs in a month from it, asked my doc to switch to something else and lost the weight I gained from it once I went off it.

I didn't have any side effects at 25 mg, it was 100 mgs and above that started screwing with me, if that helps. Also I don't know if Seroquel is what the OP was on, but it is an example. You also build a tolerance for after a couple of months, 25 mgs didn't do anything, I needed 50. Then that didn't work and I went upward every 4-5 months because of tolerance.

It's label use is for psychiatric conditions [atypical antipsychotic] but off label, it's used for insomnia and sleep.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    dbanks80 wrote: »
    I am not trying to be mean but how does a sleeping pill make you gain weight if you are sleeping?

Depends on the sleeping pill, but many cause appetitite increase or make a person feel less energetic the day after, hence they move around less (and burn less calories) or eat more because they feel hungrier, without realizing they are over-eating. Over time, these calories add up to weight gain.

• Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,522 Member
    Options
    Focus on getting to a _healthy_ weight by following a _healthy_ lifestyle. As long as you feel great about yourself and your life, who cares what your size is? You can always find a way to get clothing, even if you have to special order it. Best of luck!
  • maidengirl_
    maidengirl_ Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't associate your weight with a specific size because a lot of companies do vanity sizing and their clothes aren't true to size. Just look at being at a healthy weight for your height and age.
  • Docbanana2002
    Docbanana2002 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and weigh 155 and am a size 6.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    Buy a bunch of clothes that actually fit you before you move and then it won't be such a hassle to shop there. You could also order clothes online and have them shipped to you while your there.
  • BurnWithBarn2015
    BurnWithBarn2015 Posts: 1,026 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Ranging between 143 and 150 lbs and wear size 6. ( '5.5 and large frame)

And your sleeping people maybe gave you a bigger appetite plus possible some water retention but the weight gain is really from a too high calorie intake ( read eating SURPLUS)
    Weight loss will come when you eat less than you burn ( read eating/creating a DEFICIT )

You can do this too :) Good luck OP
  • coristraw
    coristraw Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi Peppermint...I am 5'6" and 165lbs and my pants are sizes 4, 6 & 8...most of them being a 6. At my heaviest I was 225 and a size 18. At Old Navy in the sweetheart or curvy jeans I wear a 4. I am a pear shape. I would like to lose 10lbs from this point to be comfortable in a size 4. FYI I do not "look anorexic". In fact even with a 10lb weight loss I would say this is a very healthy weight for me and I feel quite comfortable with myself. I will never be thin and model-like and I will never have a six-pack, but I feel strong and I like this size. Don't let people sway your opinion of yourself. Only YOU know what is a comfortable weight for yourself. Err on the side of caution and lose the weight slowly so you can decide-through the various stages-what looks and feels like a healthy weight. Your body is YOURS and it is the only one you will ever have...take good care of it so you can have a good quality healthy life! Good luck on your weight loss journey.
  • olive1968
    olive1968 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    It is so totally different based on your shape and how much muscle you have. For me, I'm a 6 from about 125-135 pounds. Not that I have seen a 6 in several years of course. I'm wondering what size I will be when I get to my goal weight combined with my work outs.
  • daviloreana
    daviloreana Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi, person who lived in Korea here. Store owners absolutely do shoo you out of the store, I had someone tell me they don't have pants "that fit that kind of butt". It really is just that body types are different there, so my advice is pack as many high quality clothes as possible, take it with a grain of salt, and enjoy the most beautiful country I've ever seen in your American clothes, lol :)
  • thunder1982
    thunder1982 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Hi, person who lived in Korea here. Store owners absolutely do shoo you out of the store, I had someone tell me they don't have pants "that fit that kind of butt". It really is just that body types are different there, so my advice is pack as many high quality clothes as possible, take it with a grain of salt, and enjoy the most beautiful country I've ever seen in your American clothes, lol :)

I've been shoo'd out of an asian clothing store in Australia!
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6", 168 lbs, and currently fluctuating between sizes 8 and 10, depending on the brand. I figure in another 15-20 lbs, I'll be able to fit in the size 6-8 range.