Trouble losing weight

Options
Hi everyone,

I'm having a very difficult time losing weight and feeling very unmotivated. I try to use mfp as much as I can, I'm usually always right at my calorie goal or slightly under. I put on a lot of weight at my office job although I was only there for about 6 months. Now I walk anywhere from 4-6 miles a day (slow pace- I'm a dog walker) and I go to the gym 3x a week.

I'm eating way better- of course there may be slip ups of Taco Bell, but in general I feel like it's way better than it used to be.

It's been 2 months and I haven't lost a single pound. I went to the doctors because I was concerned something medically was wrong, but everything seems to be okay??

Has anyone had something similar happen? What did you need to do to start shedding lbs? I'm feeling very discouraged and stuck. Any input would be greatly appreciated!!

Replies

• myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Let me ask you something.

Are you happy with your surroundings? Where everything sits in your house, does that item make you smile?
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    You say you try to use MFP "as much as you can". If it isn't every meal every day, then that's where you need to start.
  • OfficialDSXIII
    OfficialDSXIII Posts: 91 Member
    Options

Are you happy with your surroundings? Where everything sits in your house, does that item make you smile?

Marie Kondo? :confused:

OP, most people are going to tell you to track your calories more accurately and they're probably right.

Personally, whenever I accurately track calories my weight goes down, but then I usually mess up and eat whole pizzas and such on the weekends. Which brings me back to where I started.
  • myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options

Marie Kondo? :confused:

Haha yep! She changed my life.
  • TheLegendaryBrandonHarris
    Options
    Don't get discouraged! Sometimes you've got to look more closely and make adjustments.
    Malibu927 said it and I have to agree...it really really helps when you monitor your calorie intake honestly and regularly. Last year I got stuck at a weight. How??? I'm only eating xXxX calories a day! Then I looked closer and discovered that my guestimating was WAY off. I got more serious about measuring my calories and my weight started dropping again.

Weighing and measuring and logging and all that sounds like an absolute chore, but it's not so bad.

Here's the thing...you wouldn't be here if this wasn't important to you.
    So what you've been doing hasn't shown the results you wanted. That's ok. You can adjust your methods. You'll get it figured out!
  • Parfumista
    Parfumista Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Maybe you chose the wrong setting. If you put 'maintain weight' as your goal that would explain it.
  • ReaderGirl3
    ReaderGirl3 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    IGbnat24 wrote: »
    Unless you're weighing, measuring, and logging everything that goes in your mouth, it's doubtful you have a good grasp on how many calories you're consuming. If you're not losing, you're not eating at a deficit.

This. If you're not losing then you're eating over your maintenance level calories. Weight loss is pretty straightforward -accurately track your foods (every day), pay attention to portion sizes (use a food scale ), and stay within your calorie parameters ( MFP does this for you ). That's it!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    IGbnat24 wrote: »
    Unless you're weighing, measuring, and logging everything that goes in your mouth, it's doubtful you have a good grasp on how many calories you're consuming. If you're not losing, you're not eating at a deficit.

^^ this - If you're not losing, you are consuming more than you realise.