No energy ??!!'

Options
I have gained 70 pounds in a year... I'm trying to HALT this and get my life together.. I have quit soda cold turkey. but now I have ZERO energy

Replies

• LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options
    Usually a motivation issue.
  • myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Do your surroundings make you happy? I can't stand things being the same for too long, or it messes with my energy and thoughts.
  • positivepowers
    positivepowers Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    If you stopped the soda recently, some lethargy is to be expected. Caffeine is a central nervous system stimulant, after all. The weight gain may also contribute. If you work out try to power through the lack of energy - OR - instead of quitting caffeine cold turkey, try to lessen the intake amount and decrease the amount a little every couple of days.
  • sarah_bowley
    sarah_bowley Posts: 4 Member
    Options

Do your surroundings make you happy? I can't stand things being the same for too long, or it messes with my energy and thoughts.

no they do not. I'm stuck in a routine that I can't get out of because I can't drive

• LBirkholz725
    LBirkholz725 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Are you quitting caffeine all together, or just soda? I quit drinking soda (for the most part) last year, and go to green tea or black coffee for energy. Plus there's foods out there that are supposed to help with energy (like apples or pickles).
  • kirbyderb71
    kirbyderb71 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Get your thyroid and B12 levels checked both could be factors in weight gain and can also be adversely affected by excess weight.
  • sarah_bowley
    sarah_bowley Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Get your thyroid and B12 levels checked both could be factors in weight gain and can also be adversely affected by excess weight.

I have Hashimoto's (hypothyroidism)