Need help with workouts

Options
What is the best way to loose weight doing cardio? What kind of cardio how long? I can only do cardio at the momment due to medical issues, I need to loose 15 pounds and don't know where to start. I eat very clean I just need help with my workouts. Thank you!

Replies

• pontprennau
    pontprennau Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Pick up weights:) step away from the cardio machines, eat more protein (eggs salmon etc) and walk, lots :)
  • thisgirl17
    thisgirl17 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    As I mentioned above I can only do cardio for the momment, why step away from the cardio machines?
  • cbihatt
    cbihatt Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Walking is something almost anyone can do. If you vary your speed and use hills, it can even be pretty challenging. Running is another choice, though harder to get started, I think. Swimming, cycling, group classes at the gym.

As for how long, start small and work your way up to longer amounts of time. Where you begin is where you begin. Everyone is different.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Calorie deficit is for weight loss and cardio is for fitness and well being.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Eat in a calorie deficit. Cardio can help create the deficit, but if you don't have any idea how much you're eating you'll have trouble.
  • pontprennau
    pontprennau Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Cardio will raise your heart rate to the extent your body can't metabolise fat quickly enough so pulls the energy from muscles.

The body at a resting state burns calories, it burns more the more muscle you have. So picking up weights (even small ones) will help retain muscle mass (and increase it) helping with weight loss :)

The ONLY Cardio I do is "lift heavy weights fast" my resting heart rate is 58 and I'm old :pensive:
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Cardio will raise your heart rate to the extent your body can't metabolise fat quickly enough so pulls the energy from muscles.

The body at a resting state burns calories, it burns more the more muscle you have. So picking up weights (even small ones) will help retain muscle mass (and increase it) helping with weight loss :)

The ONLY Cardio I do is "lift heavy weights fast" my resting heart rate is 58 and I'm old :pensive:

wow...the OP said they can only do cardio...not that they won't lift but they can't.

OP cardio is for health and fitness just be in a deficit to lose weight.

If you want to do cardio do what you like for the duration you want.