Back from a long break! Help!

Options
So, this time last year I was the ultimate gym rat. 5-6 days a week, up to a 10k run and weights weights weights. Was loving it!

Then, I got ill physically which led to a dip in my health mentally and next thing you know 8 months went by without me setting foot in the gym

Glad to say I'm much better now but coming back to the gym has been a bit daunting! Anyone got any advice for coming back to working out after such a long time?

Can't afford a PT at the moment so doing it solo! Taking it slow and steady but should I be splitting cardio and lifting? Should I concentrate on all over body? Should I build a time machine? :P

Anyone else in the same boat?

Thanks! X

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I expect starting over is going to be hard but just start where you did last year...seems easy enough.

Find a lifting program you like ie Stronglifts, starting strength follow it.

Cardio do it when you want...

• bhjaaan
    bhjaaan Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey. I'm the same way. Came
    on the community to find some buddy ups!

Overall lost 30kg (over 60lbs) using Noom app and exercise (Swim Touch Football Tennis and sine gym-but gym's always been too boring).

Then my dad died and other stuff just knocked me back. I put most of the weight back on...

Finally like you I'm feeling better and started using MFP in January. Lost some weight but exercise and activity schedule hasn't kicked in the same.

I'd be happy to join you in trying to get back on track.
  • TheLifeDetoxer
    TheLifeDetoxer Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    bhjaaan wrote: »
    Hey. I'm the same way. Came
    on the community to find some buddy ups!

Overall lost 30kg (over 60lbs) using Noom app and exercise (Swim Touch Football Tennis and sine gym-but gym's always been too boring).

Then my dad died and other stuff just knocked me back. I put most of the weight back on...

Finally like you I'm feeling better and started using MFP in January. Lost some weight but exercise and activity schedule hasn't kicked in the same.

I'd be happy to join you in trying to get back on track.

Defiantly, add me! It's good finding others in the same boat :)