positivity

Options
I just really feel like comments on here would help me become motivated!!! I'm 218 pounds and I'm on the road to weight loss! feel free to drop words of encouragement and maybe some tips. I've gone 1 WEEK CLEAN from soda after having maybe 4 or 5 a day.

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    If you changed nothing else in your diet but dropped the soda you will lose weight. Awesome!!
  • mumbles2013
    mumbles2013 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Well done for dropping the sugary drinks and eating clean.
  • Sexton1409
    Sexton1409 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I just really feel like comments on here would help me become motivated!!! I'm 218 pounds and I'm on the road to weight loss! feel free to drop words of encouragement and maybe some tips. I've gone 1 WEEK CLEAN from soda after having maybe 4 or 5 a day.

Weight loss is about calories.
    Eat in a way that you can long term. If you can't imagine giving up a food or drink for the rest of your life then don't. Learn to have appropriate portions of the foods you like.
    I find pre-logging my whole day of food helpful to eating whatever I want and sticking to my calorie goal.
    I choose to drink water or unsweetened tea mostly and save my calories for food.
    A food scale is a very useful tool for increasing your logging accuracy.
  • benzieboxx
    benzieboxx Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    If you'd like to add me as a friend, feel free to do so. I'm pretty active on the social side of MFP and love interacting with my friends on here. :smile:
  • GraceAnneU95
    GraceAnneU95 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Congrats on being here first of all! Being conscious of what you put in your body and how you treat it is already putting you in a better place for self improvement. I'm sending you a friend request and we can help keep each other accountable :)