Options
2»

Replies

• Parfumista
    Parfumista Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »
    Jazzykatt wrote: »
    I eat 1000 from Monday to Thursday, 1500 on Fridays and Sunday's and don't count on Saturdays since I'm usually eating out. This may be low on those 4 days but I more than make up for it on Saturday. I work out 5 to 6 days a week and normally lose 1 to 1.5 lbs a week. I'm on my last 10...usually the hardest. I also (IF) only eat in the evening from Monday through Friday.

at that rate of loss you are losing muscle too..

if you are at the last 10lbs changing to 1/2lb a week is more than sufficent however at this point probably pointless due to the consistent low calories I suspect you won't save much muscle now.

We lose muscle when it's not used, when there's not enough protein in our diet to repair damaged muscles and when our excess body fat can not make up for the calorie deficit we're creating.
    As long as we don't know her bodyfat percentage and her protein intake we can't say for sure if she's losing muscle or not.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Parfumista wrote: »
    SezxyStef wrote: »
    Jazzykatt wrote: »
    I eat 1000 from Monday to Thursday, 1500 on Fridays and Sunday's and don't count on Saturdays since I'm usually eating out. This may be low on those 4 days but I more than make up for it on Saturday. I work out 5 to 6 days a week and normally lose 1 to 1.5 lbs a week. I'm on my last 10...usually the hardest. I also (IF) only eat in the evening from Monday through Friday.

at that rate of loss you are losing muscle too..

if you are at the last 10lbs changing to 1/2lb a week is more than sufficent however at this point probably pointless due to the consistent low calories I suspect you won't save much muscle now.

We lose muscle when it's not used, when there's not enough protein in our diet to repair damaged muscles and when our excess body fat can not make up for the calorie deficit we're creating.
    As long as we don't know her bodyfat percentage and her protein intake we can't say for sure if she's losing muscle or not.

yes we can. To steep of a calorie deficit causes muscle loss...

eating protein alone does not guarantee muscle mass will be retained...you have to do some form of resistance training, eat protein and be in a reasonable deficit to minimize muscle loss. We all lose some muscle from a deficit but I am suggesting minimizing that loss.