edited April 2016
    Options
    What kind of food do you like? My standards are:

2 soft boiled eggs
    2 slices whole wheat or high fiber toast
    tomatoes or grapefruit or kohlrabi
    6 oz milk + coffee

and

overnight oats (1/2 c dry oats, 1 scoop protein powder, 6 oz milk, 1 cup frozen berries, let set overnight in fridge, eat cold in morning)
    6 oz milk + coffee

But sometimes I have leftover rotisserie chicken, some veggies or fruit, and milk + coffee (always milk + coffee.)
  • ReaderGirl3
    ReaderGirl3 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    I don't stick to the idea of certain foods being 'breafast' foods-yesterday I had stew and bread at 9am :) Today I had Dutch toast and salsa flavored cheese spread.
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    Anything.

Certain foods don't have to be eaten at certain times of the day.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I don't stick to the idea of certain foods being 'breafast' foods-yesterday I had stew and bread at 9am :) Today I had Dutch toast and salsa flavored cheese spread.

I had to google Dutch toast. Is this it: http://stuffdutchpeoplelike.com/2011/03/06/hagelslag/ ?
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Eat food you like. A good basis for any meal is protein, fat, vegetables, and any addon you want.
  • stanislowskijessica
    Options
    I like to make these muffins. They're super yummy and freeze/thaw great. I change it up sometimes and add blueberries, almonds, crasins, etc. They are super helpful when you don't have a ton of time in the mornings.

http://www.ambitiouskitchen.com/2014/09/30-minute-skinny-banana-chocolate-chip-muffins/
  • ReaderGirl3
    ReaderGirl3 Posts: 868 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »

I had to google Dutch toast. Is this it: http://stuffdutchpeoplelike.com/2011/03/06/hagelslag/ ?

I married into the Dutch heritage and we live in a community with a large Dutch population, so our grocery stores have sections for Dutch food specialty items :) You don't have to heat them up or anything and they're perfect for cheese spread lol.

It's this-
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000SOJWR0?tag=gsale357-20
  • PamelaW41
    PamelaW41 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I usually eat one of 2 breakfasts. One is 1/2 cup egg whites, fried with Pam butter flavored cooking spray, 1 turkey sausage patty ( I buy the pre cooked to save time), 1 slice Sara Lee 45 calorie multi grain toast 1 tablespoon sugar free jam. The other is a sandwich with 1/2 cup egg whites fried with Pam, 1 whole wheat sandwich round, a slice of fresh tomato, and a few slices of avocado.
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,518 Member
    Options
    When I eat breakfast, it tends to be eggs cooked in fat (butter, ghee, coconut oil) and some meat like sausage or bacon. I don't eat bread, but if you do, a side of toast with butter/avocado/jam etc.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Whatever you like. I currently eat a more traditional breakfast, but used to have salads with protein or dinner leftovers all the time. Did roasted potatoes, cauliflower and broccoli, plus smoked salmon earlier this week.

My current norm, however, is a vegetable omelet (at least a couple of kinds of vegetables, one of which is a leafy green like spinach, chard, or kale) with two whole eggs and a little feta. I have some other kind of protein on the side, usually, like smoked salmon or lowfat cottage cheese or plain greek yogurt.
  • Sweets1954
    Sweets1954 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I tend to eat some form of oatmeal, usually steel cut, with Greek yogurt and a little honey or fruit on days that I work. On the weekend I will fry and egg and have it with whole wheat toast or a low cal English muffin. Sometimes I will splurge and have a bagel with low fat cream cheese. I have also had avocado toast but since I am the only one who eats avocados, I don't buy them often because they go bad before I can eat them. I have found a good oatmeal pancake recipe that I can make and freeze, a couple pancakes with applesauce is great.
  • KristyRunyon81
    KristyRunyon81 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    My go to breakfast is a simple scramble. This one is:
    142g of Chicken Breakfast Sausage
    7 oz of sliced zucchini
    5 oz of sliced mushrooms
    8 oz of Liquid Eggs (99% egg whites)
    Cals: 347 Carbs: 15 Fat: 6 Protein: 57
    dkqf9434i6k7.jpg
  • AsrarHussain
    AsrarHussain Posts: 1,424 Member
    Options
    I would recommend egg whites mixed with egg yolk, add some wholegrain bread, I would boil the egg to avoid the fat from the oil, I would also have some oats if you can fit it in to your macros.
  • CeejayGee
    CeejayGee Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I have been ordering Kettlebell Kitchen meals and there's one breakfast that i *love*. It's Apple Chicken Sausage with grilled peaches and a Paleo blueberry muffin. It's 535 calories, but SO filling that I can't eat the whole thing so I eat 1/2 of it (2 sausage patties, half the peaches, and 1/2 the muffin) for breakfast and save the rest for the next day. (The meal costs $9, so splitting it over 2 days makes it more affordable too). I never thought a paleo muffin could be good, but it's delicious - totally hits the spot for my craving for a sweet breakfast treat or a baked good. If you're in the NYC metro, I highly recommend it.
  • CeejayGee
    CeejayGee Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Another thing I love is avocado toast! I'll either get a really grainy piece of bread, or a 1/2 an english muffin, and then I toast it and spread on avocado w/ salt and pepper. On the weekends when I have more time, I eat a poached or soft-boiled egg on top. So yummy!
  • Miss_Mabee
    Miss_Mabee Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    mixed berries with some coconut milk poured on top with some slivered almonds
    sliced up apple with cinnamon and honey.
    an open faced egg sandwich (1 px toast, 1 egg, cheese, tomato, hot sauce or salsa)
    2 ingredient pancakes with berries
    greek yogurt and granola
    cereal with almond milk
  • Miss_Mabee
    Miss_Mabee Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    and i love avocado toast too but never get to the avos before they go bad so I buy the individual guac cups and spread that over a couple pieces of toast :)
  • Bbeliever215
    Bbeliever215 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I usually eat eggs (sunny side, over easy, or scrambled with veggies) and a slice or 2 of multi grain toast and a cup of coffee ( a must). If I prep, then it's usually overnight oats ( pinterest is your friend...lol) I don't do shakes/smoothies in the morning because it doesn't satisfy me after an early workout. I would suggest going to pinterest for ideas and then experimenting to see what better fits your lifestyle and satiety.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    1 egg, egg whites, Kodiak cake, peanut butter, syrup, bacon.
  • Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    Miss_Mabee wrote: »
    and i love avocado toast too but never get to the avos before they go bad so I buy the individual guac cups and spread that over a couple pieces of toast :)

Do you keep the avocados in the refrigerator? They last much longer in there. Finding that out literally changed my life!