Miracle noodle?? 0 calories, 0 gluten, 0 carbs???

Options
I found the website selling a "miracle noodle" with 0 calories, 0 gluten, 0 carbs.....This sounds too good to be true! Anyone tried them?? The MFP website has this as one of the ads that run on the side of the web pages. I really want to try them but still a bit in disbelief. I'm copying and pasteing the nutritional label.
Nutrition Facts
Serving Size: 3 oz
Servings Per Container: 2.3
Amount Per Serving
Calories 0Calories from Fat 0
Total Fat 0g0%
Protein 0g0%
Protein <1g0%
Sugar 0g0%
Carbohydrate <1g - only fiber
Zero Net Carbs, Zero Calories, Zero Glycemic Index
Ingredients: Water, glucomannan (soluble fiber), calcium additive.

No soy, gluten, or wheat

Replies

• skynyrdchick
    Options
    At almost $40.00 for a dozen packages (the variety sampler) of noodles, they better taste like Heaven in my mouth...LoL A little too pricey for my taste, but I would be curious to see if anyone else has tried them as well!
  • oxFaithxo
    oxFaithxo Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    BUMPITY!

sounds too good to be true... you know the saying: everything that glitters isnt gold... i am guesing these noodle cause diarrhea HEHE
  • jamiegirl816
    Options
    I would try the shiritaki noodles at your local supermarket first before spending all that money. Fair warning- they come in a really foul smelling liquid and you have to REALLY rinse them, but combined with the right super flavorful food they aren't bad. Kinda springy in texture and you can never get rid of that "funk".
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    I ordered some and they are really good. Even my meat and potatoes hubby liked them.
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    I've heard and tried shirataki noodles before... Wonder if these are the same? If they are, it's definitely not a 0 calorie food. Perhaps they're just rounding down numbers like that "0 calorie" butter spray. :) Haha.

And, again, if they are the same as shirataki noodles, I'd STAY AWAY. They're soooooo gross.
  • cem2168
    cem2168 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    i LOOVE them. ate them last night! They are great because they absorb the flavors of what you cook them with
  • TheGoktor
    TheGoktor Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    I pay just over £1 per packet for mine (from the Japan Centre in London). If you look for shiritake noodles (yam noodles) as opposed to 'miracle noodles', you might find them cheaper. Look for them in Asian stores or websites.

The zero cals is a little misleading - it's about 5 cals per 85g (3oz)...still really low! They don't really have much in the way of nutrition but they are filling and so long as you're not expecting them to have exactly the texture of traditional noodles, you'll be fine. I cooked some in a pad thai gung last night, and they were perfect!

ETA: Look, Amazon does them!

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_1_17?url=search-alias=grocery&amp;field-keywords=shirataki+noodles&amp;sprefix=shirataki+noodles