Snacks for the cinema or when watching a film

Options
I get greedy with raw carrots as a snack so am trying to cut down on them . normally I make a lunchbox of salad type stuff up with a drink when go to the cinema but now I need a bit of variety but low calorie.
Any ideas greatly appreciated :)

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Carrots are super annoying to everyone around you during a movie. One of the last movies I was at someone in front of me was crunch crunch crunch through the whole thing, couldn't even focus on the movie.

You could always bring your own air popped popcorn, a protein bar, ostrim snacks, jerky, bag of chopped fruits (no apples though! ), cheese stick....
  • IGbnat24
    IGbnat24 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I like protein bars, jerky, cheese sticks, and nuts.
  • ReaderGirl3
    ReaderGirl3 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    I don't snack and just drink diet soda.
  • tamaraworrall
    tamaraworrall Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Never tried jerky,I like things that last a while to eat and filling .
    I did think about a bag of chopped fruits but not sure what as have Oranges and apple in the day for snacks
  • tamaraworrall
    Options
    I never used to snack before I got to my target goal but as lost more weight I find I get peckish a bit at night which is when we mostly go . especially when my partners eating chocolate or nachos ha
  • seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    Options
    Tsk, tsk, tsk. You aren't supposed to bring outside food to movie theaters.
  • tamaraworrall
    Options
    Ha I ate my subway salad for lunch in there earlier as was someone else e
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    I prefer buttered popcorn and a bag of Twizzlers
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    I budget calories for a small popcorn and sometimes splurge on a small sprite. I don't go out to the theater often and when I do I make it a real treat.
  • mboyerxx
    mboyerxx Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Dry cereal! Seriously my go to for when I hit the movies....of course it's gotta be a relatively healthy cereal but I always have premade bags of chocolate Cheerios and chex ready to go
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I don't snack when at the cinema...it's just a notion that we want to to snack as we hear the rustling of other movie goers food.
    I will have a bottle of water with me to sip though.

And while I watch TV I'll enjoy the odd cup of coffee and perhaps dunk a biccie into it :smiley: ....don't hate me lol
  • Paiger816
    Paiger816 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    No movie popcorn? The horror! :o

I'm a popcorn junkie so I will eat a super tiny breakfast and lunch, and save like 700 calories for movie popcorn. I can easily eat the majority of a large bucket.

If you eat carrots in the movie theatre, I would seethe in silence and send rage vibes at you. How about homemade popcorn, raspberries, a banana, or a smoothie/protein shake?
  • tamaraworrall
    Options
    I've not had a biccie in over a year ha .
    I used to just eat the packet without thinking so don't touch them anymore e
  • tamaraworrall
    Options
    If I wanted I could have nachos or popcorn as got more than enough calories to play with but I won't because of the cost and because it's a waste of calories
  • tamaraworrall
    Options
    I used to eat popcorn when bigger but not had it in forever either lol.
  • JenHuedy
    JenHuedy Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I took a pint of blackberries with me to the last movie I saw. Blueberries work well, too. Low cal and easy to eat. (and quiet!)
  • tamaraworrall
    Options
    I'm thinking blueberries sound quite nice to snack on .
    I'm trying to incorporate new ideas for snacking but sometimes you get stuck in a routine and it's easier
  • Buff_Man
    Buff_Man Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I save up calories during the day then get a bucket of popcorn!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    I don't really like popcorn *covers eyes/ears to avoid the crowds roars* :smiley:

I quite like the Cheerios idea that someone else posted :smiley:
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I'll usually just bring in a drink or something portable for dinner. Most movie theaters around me have really crappy popcorn and I'd prefer to bring something like a sandwich in. I eat before the trailers.

I don't like eating during the movies because I tend to make too much noise and think others do as well. Honestly, people eating during movies, talking loudly, or bringing in babies is more of a bother than people using their phones.