Food Scale Recommendations?

Options
weehah
weehah Posts: 81 Member
Just wondering what food scale you use - brand/model, etc.

Thank you!

Replies

• Najus1
    Najus1 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Farberware Professional electronic kitchen scale from Walmart. It was like $25 but allows you to measure in lbs,oz and grams. Also has a rare feature that allows you to weigh multiple items without having to start from scratch.
  • Paiger816
    Paiger816 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I have the Food Network digital scale from Kohl's. It's pricy when it's full price, but Kohl's always has a ton of discounts and coupons going on. I like that I can switch between grams and ounces, and it's easy to wipe clean. It also will hold quite a bit of weight, automatically shuts off, and has a tare function.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    Bedbbeyond has one by Taylor called the biggest loser.
    I throw it around, bang it, and it still works.
    About $20 w/ coupon
    I put it in a gallon sized zip lock baggie since I abuse it in the kitchen so much.
    Walmart and target also have good scales.
  • tapwaters
    tapwaters Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Just look on Amazon, there's a ton of great ones for $10 which allow for lbs, g, and oz, and will let you tare, like the more expensive ones people bought above.
  • anirlz
    anirlz Posts: 18 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    We just bought a Kitchen Gurus perfect portion food scale (Bed Bath & Beyond). Its pretty cool. A little pricey, but it also gives the option to add multiple things to your plate. It comes with a book with a ton of different food codes and you type in the code for what you have and it gives you the nutrition info just like the package. It will add everything as you go, for example start with empty plate, then add chicken, then potato, then veggie and it will progressively save as you go and give you a final tally.
  • weehah
    weehah Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Thanks, everyone! I don't buy from Amazon but it's handy for browsing. I wound up browsing many sites (and talking to a chef pal), settling on the Oxo 5-lb Scale, and ordering for $10 (with free shipping!) from eBay. I might want a bigger one over time, but this seems like a good place to start. Hurrah!