New Again and Struggling.

Options
I started MP again about 19 days ago. I used it in 2013 to lose 30pds, but this time I am really struggling to see any changes. At first MFP gave me 1410 calories a day at 1.5pd a wk loss. I read an article on here about 1.5 week loss is not realistic, So I changed it to a 1pd a wk loss, which upped my calories to 1640 a day. I have lost 3pds since I have started. I am not expecting to see the weight melting off as I know it didn't just come back on over night. I am working on increasing my activity level by trying to walk 20-30 minutes a day but I am having some muscle weakness that is making it hard to walk. I am taking Aygestin (Norethisterone) (progestogen only hormone) for endo. I'm wondering if this could possibly be in habiting any weight loss? My diary is public I believe so any critique would be welcome.

Replies

• LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options
    Diary isn't public. Do you own a food scale?
  • shrcpr
    shrcpr Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    You've lost 3 pounds in 19 days. Great job. Keep it up.
  • sparklemama2003
    sparklemama2003 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you Shrcopr! I did go and change my settings to public on my diary. Sorry I thought that they already were. I do own a scale and have been using that as well as measuring cups.
  • chulipa
    chulipa Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    I take that kind of progesteron and im losing weight fine ive lost 100lbs in 8 months
  • BelleCakes2018
    BelleCakes2018 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I'm confused... if you upped your calories to see a weight loss of 1lb per week, and you've lost 3lb in just under 3 weeks.. aren't you where you want to be, or have I missed something?
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I only looked at a few days of your diary but you really gotta weigh all your food items. You can't use entries like "one large banana" or "banana 6.9 inches." That makes absolutely no sense at all. You have to use the USDA entries for fruits and veggies and weigh them out by the gram. I go to the USDA web site https://ndb.nal.usda.gov/ndb/foods and check everything if I'm not familiar with the entry. Once I know it's accurate, it's in my diary forever so I just keep using it.

And naturally the other thing is you have to be patient. 19 days is nothing. You may very well be doing everything perfect and your weight will still not change, then boom! a pound and a half comes off overnight. Salt, water, and our lovely hormones all affect this process.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    I'm confused... if you upped your calories to see a weight loss of 1lb per week, and you've lost 3lb in just under 3 weeks.. aren't you where you want to be, or have I missed something?

My thoughts exactly. And you said you weren't expecting it to melt off. A pound a week is fantastic.
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    Three pounds in 3 weeks is very good. You've got this, just keep logging and walking as much as you are able to since it is going well for so far. :)
  • brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    Eileen_S wrote: »
    Three pounds in 3 weeks is very good. You've got this, just keep logging and walking as much as you are able to since it is going well for so far. :)

Echoing everyone else! You're just beginning and seeing progress...please thank yourself, give a pat on your back and keep going. We all hope for magic and amazement, but honestly the real magic is seeing our bodies go through this process. It won't be linear, it won't be fast, but it will be worth it. Look at you- it already is working! Good for you!