Flat tummy

Options
Hello everyone,
I have a holiday in 8 weeks and have been working on my fitness and improving my diet for one week now-
I have lost 0.6 of a lb (eating 1,300 cals a day and working out at least once a day with a one hour walk)
What is the best way to get a flat stomach, any work outs or diet tips? I'm vegetarian.
Thank you

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Read this thread:
    So You Want a Nice Stomach
  • ReaderGirl3
    ReaderGirl3 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce weight for certain areas. It comes off where it wants to come off as you lose weight. I have a flat stomach, I also have a bmi of 20.7, which is on the low end of a healthy bmi. I had to lose around 10lbs more than my original goal weight before my body was where I wanted it.

Just keep tracking your calorie intake and eating at an appropriate calorie deficit (make sure you're accurately doing portion sizes too, a food scale is very helpful for this).
  • fatdancerG
    fatdancerG Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks...I want to lose a stone in 8 weeks, do you think this is possible without eating too little?
  • ReaderGirl3
    Options
    fatdancerG wrote: »
    Thanks...I want to lose a stone in 8 weeks, do you think this is possible without eating too little?

If I'm converting correctly (to pounds), that works out to be just under 2lbs a week? That's doable, depending on how big your deficit it. If you have less to lose though (are not very overweight/obese), then .5-1lb a week is more realistic. What are your stats (height, weight, age).
  • nineteentwenty
    nineteentwenty Posts: 469 Member
    Options

^Solid gold right there. Also, if you wanna do this in 8 weeks, diet is so key. make nutrient-dense low-calorie choices and do not take a cheat day.
  • pashllen
    pashllen Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce weight for certain areas. It comes off where it wants to come off as you lose weight. I have a flat stomach, I also have a bmi of 20.7, which is on the low end of a healthy bmi. I had to lose around 10lbs more than my original goal weight before my body was where I wanted it.

Just keep tracking your calorie intake and eating at an appropriate calorie deficit (make sure you're accurately doing portion sizes too, a food scale is very helpful for this).

I think it depends a lot on how you're built also lol. I have a BMI of 18.1 and still have a little stomach, despite exercise. I agree when you say to just keep eating at a deficit, you won't know until you get there !!

Also, congrats on the lost weight ReaderGirl :)
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    pashllen wrote: »

I think it depends a lot on how you're built also lol. I have a BMI of 18.1 and still have a little stomach, despite exercise. I agree when you say to just keep eating at a deficit, you won't know until you get there !!

Also, congrats on the lost weight ReaderGirl :)

Having a lean stomach is not about how much you weigh or your BMI. It's low body fat and adequate lean mass. You would probably see imprivement if you focused on lifting weights and gaining some weight in the form of muscle. I know from your other thread you are an inch shorter than me. My BMI is technically overweight, but I have a flat stomach due to having muscle.
  • fatdancerG
    fatdancerG Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
    I'm 5'9 , 10 stone and am 23- I wasn't sure how to reply seperately to people.
    Thanks for the blog post, all helpful x
  • ReaderGirl3
    edited April 2016
    Options
    fatdancerG wrote: »
    Thanks everyone!
    I'm 5'9 , 10 stone and am 23- I wasn't sure how to reply seperately to people.
    Thanks for the blog post, all helpful x

If I'm converting stone to pounds correctly you're only 140lbs? At 5'9 your bmi is 20.7 (same as mine). With a smaller body weight already your weight loss goal should really only be .5lb a week. I'm working on a few vanity pounds myself right now and my goal is set to .5lb a week :)