ZZZZZZZ's

Options
Shannon023
Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
So on the radio the other morning, they were discussing strange habits adults have while sleeping.

One guy HAD to sleep in a particular pair of socks that he's been wearing for 16 years. In fact, he even left a weekend get-a-way because he forgot to pack them. :huh:

Another woman HAD to sleep on her 30+ year old baby pillow. th_yuk.gif

What about you or your S.O.? Any strange sleeping habits?

I can't stand to have someone breathe in my face so I make hubby fall asleep with his back turned to me. :bigsmile:

I'll wake up & turn over if we're ever facing the same way. :laugh:

Your turn! :smile:

Replies

• Shannon023
    Options
    So on the radio the other morning, they were discussing strange habits adults have while sleeping.

One guy HAD to sleep in a particular pair of socks that he's been wearing for 16 years. In fact, he even left a weekend get-a-way because he forgot to pack them. :huh:

I can't stand to have someone breathe in my face so I make hubby fall asleep with his back turned to me. :bigsmile:

• mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: You're so funny.
  • Theresa35
    Theresa35 Posts: 1,102
    Options
    I CANNOT sleep in socks...don't know why...it just bugs me...even if I do happen to fall asleep with them on because it's soo cold or I'm really tired, they are always kicked off by morning....:smile:
  • Shannon023
    Options
    I CANNOT sleep in socks...don't know why...it just bugs me...even if I do happen to fall asleep with them on because it's soo cold or I'm really tired, they are always kicked off by morning....:smile:

I'm the same way.

They did say that if you have young children 2-5 and they're having trouble falling asleep to put socks on them and they'll go to sleep. :huh:

Who knows? :tongue:
  • twoody
    twoody Posts: 42
    Options
    I have to sleep with a fan blowing in my face! :bigsmile:
  • TROUBLE2
    TROUBLE2 Posts: 6,660
    Options
    i just can not sleep in cloths... it feels like im being constricted...

in the Buff is the way to go!
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options

I'm the same way.

They did say that if you have young children 2-5 and they're having trouble falling asleep to put socks on them and they'll go to sleep. :huh:

But if your kids have night terrors like my 3yo...NO socks = no more night terrors. So odd.
  • Shannon023
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: You're so funny.

Thanks. :blushing: :flowerforyou:
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    I can`t sleep with a clock ticking,sounds like a hammer hitting a table to me.
    Same with a lighted digital in the room,no sound but the light makes me crazy.
  • Theresa35
    Options

I'm the same way.

But if your kids have night terrors like my 3yo...NO socks = no more night terrors. So odd.

My five year old doesn't like to sleep in socks either...:ohwell:
  • Katgod318
    Katgod318 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I can sleep with or without clothes, but absolutely NO SOCKS!!! For me to sleep well, unless I am exhausted, there has to be NO light, NO sound, NOT hot, but NOT cold. Yes, I know I am weird.
  • sherris
    sherris Posts: 112
    Options
    yaeh i hate the breathing in my face too!!!:laugh:

i'm somewhat on the abnormal side so i have far far too many quirks but ....
    - i need to be COMPLETELY covered from the chin down...no matter how hot it is!
    - i can't breahe if the covers r over my head....cause i keep thinking i need "NEW" air.....kinda the same as someone breathing in my face...i don't want to breath on MY OWN face either :laugh:
    - i need to sleep with with an eye mask on cause any amount of light will wake me up....
    - i sleep with ear plugs in cause i can "ACTUALLY HEAR my fish making bubbles :ohwell:
    - need to make sure the covers r equal on both sides of the bed to make sure we will have enough covers EACH without stealing them from each other...

those r my quirks...till i wake up anyways and add new quirks to ....whatever i'm doing
  • Shannon023
    Options

- i sleep with ear plugs in cause i can "ACTUALLY HEAR my fish making bubbles :ohwell:

That made me LOL! :laugh:
  • sherris
    sherris Posts: 112
    Options
    yaeh i hate the breathing in my face too!!!:laugh:

i'm somewhat on the abnormal side so i have far far too many quirks but ....
    - i need to be COMPLETELY covered from the chin down...no matter how hot it is!
    - i can't breahe if the covers r over my head....cause i keep thinking i need "NEW" air.....kinda the same as someone breathing in my face...i don't want to breath on MY OWN face either :laugh:
    - i need to sleep with with an eye mask on cause any amount of light will wake me up....
    - need to make sure the covers r equal on both sides of the bed to make sure we will have enough covers EACH without stealing them from each other...

those r my quirks...till i wake up anyways and add new quirks to ....whatever i'm doing

i can't sleep with a breeze on me either LOL!!!!
    i have no idea how my boyfriend deals with me sometimes!!!!:blushing: :laugh: .....
  • WillPillageYourVillageForFood
    Options
    I am truly blessed in that I can sleep anywhere and anytime. Once the brownstone across the street from me burned down and I slept through the fire trucks and ambulances. I have also been able to fall asleep in my car, in the jail (while working), on trains, planes, and automobiles, and much to my shame I have even fallen asleep in a bar bathroom. I will sleep anywhere and everywhere. speechless-smiley-003.gif
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I can't sleep in socks.

I don't like facing my partner either.

I have to be completely covered in Winter (sometimes even tuck all the covers under and around my feet!)

But, in the Summer, I have to have one leg outside the covers. Even in a/c

:huh: Am I strange???
  • Theresa35
    Options
    I can't sleep in socks.

I have to be completely covered in Winter (sometimes even tuck all the covers under and around my feet!)

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Not al all...I though I was reading about myself there for a minute...:laugh:
  • Shannon023
    Options
    I can't sleep in socks.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Not al all...I though I was reading about myself there for a minute...:laugh:

Looks like her question was just confirmed. th_teehee.gif
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    Well, this is my nightly routine.

Put on jammies,
    Put on sweatshirt over jammies,
    Put on socks.
    Get into bed,
    cover with blankets up to my nose.
    approx 1/2hr later sock come partial off (just covering my toes.
    approx 1/2 hr later socks come off completely and
    sweatshirt comes off too.

I can finally sleep.

Oh yeah, I need absolute silence too. :grumble:
  • Shannon023
    Options
    Well, this is my nightly routine.

Put on jammies,
    Put on sweatshirt over jammies,
    Put on socks.
    Get into bed,
    cover with blankets up to my nose.
    approx 1/2hr later sock come partial off (just covering my toes.
    approx 1/2 hr later socks come off completely and
    sweatshirt comes off too.

I can finally sleep.

Oh yeah, I need absolute silence too. :grumble:

No wonder you go to bed at 7:00. :laugh: