What are you reading at the moment?

Options

Replies

• Sarawoods
    Sarawoods Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I just started Wicked by Gregory Maguire. The musical is coming to my town next month and I want to see it SO bad!
    I love the Wicked Years series . I can't wait to get the 4th and final book, Out of Oz.

hated Wicked, But loved "Confessions of a wicked step sister"!!

I'm reading a book called "Freaks" by Annette Curtis Klause, I love it I've read it several times. It gives me very interesting dreams :D
  • rachmaree
    rachmaree Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I just started Wicked by Gregory Maguire. The musical is coming to my town next month and I want to see it SO bad!

That is a great book and a wickedly awesome show. So far my all time favorite, but I'm going to see Les Mis later on this year!

Les Mis is my favourite musical ever! I have seen it 4 times.
  • blackrose80
    blackrose80 Posts: 134
    Options
    oooh - I'm reading John Donne's poetry at the minute for my dissertation but the last book I read just for myself was a re-read of 'Flowers in the Attic' - tis a guilty pleasure. Before that was 'One Day' by David Nicholls -it's a great book and there's a film being released very soon with Anne Hathaway and Jim Sturgess. :D
  • rachmaree
    rachmaree Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I also loved One Day! From this thread, I can see that we are quite up-to-date with our Book Club choices! We don't always get a big choice of English books in Turkey... I might suggest the Curious Incident after Summer, I have read it before, but think the others might like it.
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    The SIrens of TItan - Vonnegut
    really good about 100 pages in.

Just read Fahrenheit 451 and Cat's Cradle over the week, too.

So so good

I like the talk of Neil Gaiman in here, btw. Been meaning to read some of his stuff
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    'Real Food: What to Eat and Why' by Nina Planck, which is pretty interesting. I'm also about the start 'The Land of Painted Caves' by Jean M. Auel. I'm a little worried that after waiting so long for this book, it's gonna be a letdown.
  • Majbdrake
    Majbdrake Posts: 69
    Options
    Work-Related:
    Patton, Montgomery, Rommel: Masters of War - A story of the three greatest generals of the the greatest war.
    By Terry Brighton

Personal:
    Creation by Gore Vidal

When I have time, I plug away at both books. About 10 minutes each day.

Bruce
  • DeviantDarkwolf2
    DeviantDarkwolf2 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I am currently reading Diana Gabaldon's Voyager which is the third book in her Outlander series :) A real good read!!
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    The SIrens of TItan - Vonnegut
    really good about 100 pages in.

Just read Fahrenheit 451 and Cat's Cradle over the week, too.

So so good

I like the talk of Neil Gaiman in here, btw. Been meaning to read some of his stuff

i started with him in comics (yes i confess i am comic book geek somewhat reformed ) then went on to books. hink i will dl neverwhere to my kindl and maybe finish it this time

oh and going to keep this thread around for ideas always looking for good books, getting way back to reading again since i got kindl on my pod
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    I'm currently reading this thread. I have to wait until the authors write more though.
  • MelissaS222
    Options
    I am reading "The Hunger Games" by Suzanne Collins. Kind of depressing so far but I have been promised by co-workers that it is a good book!
  • adevereux
    adevereux Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I just finished Eat, Pray, Love. I avoided the movie to get the book first. I LOVED it and it's really helped to further my desire to get healthy mind and body. :heart: It's an awesome read and has an easy flow. It's one of those books I can't wait to read AGAIN. I'm kind of afraid to watch the movie. I reccomend this book to everyone.
    :flowerforyou:
  • cupotee
    cupotee Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Poisonwood bible. When im not reading it i use it for weight lifting:laugh:
  • MimbulusMimbletonia
    Options
    I'm currently reading Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice again. I've lost count of how many times I've read this book!
  • mcvc
    mcvc Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Ted White and Blue by Ted Nugent. Purchased at the beginning of the year and the first chapter is actually one of the things that got me motivated.
  • Lstrhi
    Lstrhi Posts: 132
    Options
    The Acid House by Irvine Welsh (He also wrote trainspotting)
    I've read this collection of short stories over and aver again.... it's just that good. FYI though, it's definitely not for the easily offended.

http://www.amazon.com/Acid-House-Irvine-Welsh/dp/0393312801
  • whiskey9890
    whiskey9890 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    i just finished (about an hour ago) the book thief by markus zusak, had it on my bookshelf for years but never got round to it. not a bad read, hard to tell if its aimed for adults or teens as the writing style is very simple. but i enjoyed it and the fact that it is short chapters is always a winner as there are lots of natural places to put the book down, which is always an issue for me. its set in nazi germany and is narrated by death and is the story of a young girl can't say much more than that or i'll start to tell you the whole story
  • shadowyprincess
    Options
    I am currently reading Diana Gabaldon's Voyager which is the third book in her Outlander series :) A real good read!!

I love Diana's books! I have book five "The Fiery Cross" to read after I finish my current book.
  • shadowyprincess
    Options
    I am reading "The Hunger Games" by Suzanne Collins. Kind of depressing so far but I have been promised by co-workers that it is a good book!

It is a very good book despite it being depressing. I cried multiple times. The second book is even better (so far) than the first. It will be interesting to see how close the movie plays to the book.