Need Help on Change in Body Comp

Options
klkateri
klkateri Posts: 432 Member
edited April 2016 in Fitness and Exercise
I've lost about 20 pounds since January doing Keto and I've noticed some changes in my body that, according to my research, mean I'm losing body fat but I'm not happy with either.

OK, so I've always had a belly fat apron but it's always been fairly solid, smooth and not very floppy. Within the past month I've noticed that it's really changed... along with other body parts as well. Currently my apron is very squishy, looks like cottage cheese and flops around all over the place and now, makes this very embarrassing clapping sound when I jump around or run.

Also, my arms, which have always been large, are beginning to go the same way as are my thighs.

Now, during the winter I wouldn't care as I can cover up but with spring and summer approaching this is becoming a more embarrassing issue. I am really happy to be losing weight and to see, that I am losing fat as well... but part of me feels I look worse now then when I was heavier.

HELP!!! I currently do light cardio (Walking and some jogging) and some light lifting. I don't mind lifting heavy but what are some good exercises to get this issue resolved... or at least looking better.

And... IS THIS NORMAL?! Would love some advise, support, pics, love, anything to get me through this. It's a rather embarrassing issue and would love some advise!!

Replies

• robinso5
    robinso5 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    sorry to inform you dear but its called the WEIGHT LOSS! your body loses all over not in just one spot. and you should be glad you are noticing it, because that means others are also. keep doing what you are doing and lift heavier and you will be just fine! happy going!
  • Reinventing_Me
    Reinventing_Me Posts: 1,053 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    My belly fat makes noises too. My guess is that those areas are less dense (less filled out and "looser") due to the fat loss. Losing more weight and fat will help the areas shrink even more. Continue doing what you're doing and lift a bit heavier to preserve muscle mass. If you're seeing progress, don't even sweat the noises. If it's annoying or the movement causes discomfort, you can get one of those cheap Velcro waist trimmer things to wrap around your waist to give the area some stability while you jump and run.

ETA: Compound lifting movements like squats, deadlifts, overhead press and bench press will give you great results and make you functionally stronger.
  • klkateri
    klkateri Posts: 432 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    robinso5 wrote: »
    sorry to inform you dear but its called the WEIGHT LOSS! your body loses all over not in just one spot. and you should be glad you are noticing it, because that means others are also. keep doing what you are doing and lift heavier and you will be just fine! happy going!

I know it's going to be all over, and I wasn't expecting to lose in just one place but I'm curious of any workouts that would help the sagging and looseness of everything. I'm glad it's going but having your body applude when you run... and in a very real and loud way, is a bit embarrassing!

(And I'm at 18 pound since January but I figured I'd just round up to to 20 since I like whole numbers lol!!)
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    20lbs since January...that's over 1lb a week.

So yah it happens esp when you lose too fast...loose skin.

I only notice mine when I get up past my comfy place of 150...

suggestion...start some heavy lifting, slow down on the weight loss and hope the skin catches up.
  • Sumiblue
    Sumiblue Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options
    When I was losing fat/water I had the squishy belly. Then I lost more fat and my stomach was flat. But my skin hang recovered. It's not bad but I have some lose skin. That doesn't really change, unfortunately. It might tighten a little for younger folks over time (I'm 47) but if you lose a lot and quickly loose skin comes with the fat loss.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    You just need to be patient as you lose more fat and your skin shrinks. I know it's easier said than done. It can happen even with slow weight loss.

I have it too. My goal is to be able to run up the stairs and not wonder if the sound I hear is my knee popping or my fat slapping.