Need some easy and healthy lunch ideas.

Options
Lately lunch has been an afterthought so I end up eating out or something that's not good for me. Need some quick and easy lunch go-tos.

Replies

• RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Some fast foods have reasonable calories: Wendy's large chili is 250 calories and 23 grams of protein.
    One double bacon cheese burger at Burger King is 380 calories and 18 grams protein.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Not sure what your fridge/ microwave situation is. I usually just make extra at dinner and pack leftovers for lunch the next day. You can also have tuna packets and hard boiled eggs handy to make a quick egg or tuna salad for a sandwich or to throw on top of some spring mix or spinach. I have even just thrown hard boiled eggs into a tortilla with a bit of salsa and called that lunch.
  • AigreDoux
    AigreDoux Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    In the evening while making dinner, I make an extra salad and then set aside a portion of that night's protein. Voila, protein and salad lunch made and ready to go in the morning with zero effort.

Also make lunch meat on low carb wraps, frozen black bean burgers, or frozen cooked chicken burgers that are easy to throw in. With either salad or leftover cooked veg for bulk and fiber.
  • jenaijen
    jenaijen Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have a plant-based protein shake when on the run. Packed with whole food nutrients and fiber to keep me full.
  • pomegranatecloud
    pomegranatecloud Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Leftovers.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I grill a bunch of chicken breasts on Sunday. Then I cut them into bite-sized pieces and place in single serve snack bags. Place these in the freezer. That way I can grab and go for chicken Caesar salad, taco chicken salad, or a chicken salad sandwich. Lots of options.
  • zoe6724
    zoe6724 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Amy's organic lentil soup has a good macro count for how easy it is. Maybe add a serving of almonds to up the protein.
  • jjansma724
    jjansma724 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I love doing canned tuna with cherry tomatoes! A lot of the cans are easy open or get the pouch, so you can just toss it in your bag on the go and for the tomatoes just make sure you put them in something where they won't get smushed. Neither have to be refrigerated so it's a great option if there's not one available!
  • Brithicks
    Brithicks Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    like some others, I grill up extra meat on the weekend and grab and go in the morning. This week I had chicken apple sausages with roasted veggies, grilled salmon quinoa bowls, and chicken on big salads. This weekend we are barbecuing so I will have extra burgers and more chicken apple sausages and grilled veggies to throw lunches together. I also have a couple sweet potatoes so I will bake those up this weekend and split them into halves for lunches or breakfasts this week.
    We also boil a couple dozen eggs on the weekend to have for breakfasts, lunches, snacks,or salad fillers.
  • AmandaJuneFit
    AmandaJuneFit Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I usually take leftover too but , i sometimes have time in the morning to whip something up ! I REALLY love sandwhiches lol , i like roasted chicken breast sandwhiches with avocado and dejon mustard ! Im a big fan of wraps as well , ill put some chicken in them with spinach , ranch, tomatoes. Or ill make a chicken or tuna salad someday and put it in a pita !
  • richardp503
    richardp503 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Ok. Great. Thank you. Definately thinking of adding tuna to my diet so the tuna in a pita sounds like a good idea.
  • Jeffrey300050
    Jeffrey300050 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I will wrap a sandwich in lettuce rather than bread. I realized a wile ago that many bad carbs are simply "holders" for food.
  • michmill98_1
    michmill98_1 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    My lunch today was cottage cheese mixed with a diced apple, sliced strawberries, grapes, a small handful of sliced almonds and a sprinkle of cinnamon. I've made this up the night before (keeping the nuts in a separate container) and it's still good for lunch the next day. I'll eat cottage cheese by itself but I know some people can't get past the initial salty taste so all the fruit helps give it some sweetness. Plus this way I don't feel like I need a sweet after lunch like I do sometimes if I do something more savory.
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    zoe6724 wrote: »
    Amy's organic lentil soup has a good macro count for how easy it is. Maybe add a serving of almonds to up the protein.

this is my go to quick no thought lunch. good fiber amd protein for a little ol soup.