Eating under and working out, yet still the same or gaining

Options
13»

Replies

• BeeRodMul
    BeeRodMul Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    Oh I hate the doctor's office scale! I'm always 3-5 lbs more than when I weigh at home. But, then again, they won't let me strip completely naked before getting weighed at my doctor's. :)

Usually, they are off by a pound.

On the bright side, I went down a bra size and my work uniform feels loose, especially on top. In the past, it feels snug along the bust. Now, it's not that much.
  • ubermofish
    ubermofish Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    That definitely can give you a false reading on the scale. Also, tom/hormones is a biggie too. But, really a food scale is going to be your best friend. I got mine for like $10 at the grocery store and I use it several times a day. Even as a 'veteran' of this whole thing I recently realized that I was overeating my rice and oats because I was using cups to measure them. I was weighing everything else in grams on the scale, but for some reason I didn't even think to weigh these two things on my food scale. After reading someone elses post I had a 'duh' moment and started using my scale-yep, I wasn't being accurate (especially with my oats). And I eat these things daily. It's crazy how the extra calories can sneak in! Gotta use the food scale :)

Seriously, this is absolutely the key to it all. It's the answer to these threads more times than not.
  • Milka2615
    Milka2615 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thrive is amazing for weight management. It gives your body the needed vitamins and nutrition so your body can do what it's suppose to do whether that's gaining or losing weight
  • BeeRodMul
    BeeRodMul Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Just a quick update. I did buy a food scale at BBB for $20. I also bought an FitBit Aria scale since it syncs with my FitBit. Then I compare the two scales after dinner. The other scale is 5 pounds heavier than the Aria scale. The Aria scale is more accurate considering I just finished eating and had some water. Usually, I'm a few pounds heavier later in the day and of course, after eating.

So I'm going to try again when I wake up tomorrow. If it goes down by a couple of pounds, than I know it's the scale that is causing this. But at least now I have the food scale to measure more accurately.

Another note: I lost almost 4% of body fat since my doctor's appointment last month when I was considering getting weight loss surgery. That's a small victory for me.