Twin moms?

Options
audram
audram Posts: 5 Member
edited April 2016 in Motivation and Support
Any twin moms out there? Mine are 9 months and I have a preschooler. I work full time and am struggling with this 30 pounds!

Replies

• InezDrury
    InezDrury Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I only have one baby and a toddler and hell I struggle... my lb is only 6 week old so I'm just starting on operation get back in work uniform. Gained 30lb in pregnancy :(
  • ashgal81
    ashgal81 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I gained over 100 pounds after I had my twins. Kept that extra 100 pounds for almost 8 years. I've lost 127 pounds in less than 2 years. Went from 264 to 137...u can mos def lose 30!
  • audram
    Options
    Awesome, ashgal! Inez, I commend you for starting so soon, I didn't do anything for months! Both of you feel free to friend me. :)
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    I have virtual twins. One by birth and one by adoption - 1 month apart. Luckily I didn't have to carry twins! :wink:
  • NMSever
    NMSever Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    My twins are 7 (2 singletons as well). They sure keep me busy! Lol Today I hit 99lbs lost! Just keep at it! You can do this!
  • kramsgirl
    kramsgirl Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I have 2 1/2 year old bg twins and also a 5 and 7 year old. My weight has been up and down quite a bit since the twins were born. Twins are so stressful and I deal with it by eating. I'm back on track again and have lost 10 pounds this spring. Still need to lose 40-60 more.
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    My twins are ten, I also have 3 singletons ages 11, 15, and 18.

There's 19 months between my twins and their older brother. It was hell for a long time, survival mode, could barely take care of everyone. Throw in, the kid older the twins struggles with raging, anger, lashing out, shutting down, no concept of boundaries, stealing, it's really no wonder it's taken me this long to really focus on my health. Just a note, it's much better now, he's had years of counseling to help him.

Do what you can. Take care of yourself and log. If I'd realized how easy logging could be, I at the very least would have made time for that when life was so very hard.
  • audram
    Options
    Thanks y'all! It's good to know at least I'm in good company. Some days I feel like I'm just treading water, weight-wise and just in general. Feel free to add me as a friend. :)
  • brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    I can only relate to twin care for 11 hours a day, I don't know how you mommas do it. Goodness if I didn't get to say "hasta mañana" every evening before bed time I would be a mess or at least not an effective parent. I tip my hats to you for all you do!
  • meredith6645
    meredith6645 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I have identical (mirror image) twin girls that will be 13 next month.... They are my world we're very attached to each other.
  • quiltlovinlisa
    Options
    audram wrote: »
    Thanks y'all! It's good to know at least I'm in good company. Some days I feel like I'm just treading water, weight-wise and just in general. Feel free to add me as a friend. :)

I'm at a different stage but would be happy to be friends. :)
  • quiltlovinlisa
    Options
    I have identical (mirror image) twin girls that will be 13 next month.... They are my world we're very attached to each other.

My guys are identical but not mirror image.
  • munama786
    munama786 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm a mother of 13month old identical twin boys with 3 singletons aged 10, 6, and 3.

I'm trying to loose weight and just started.
    My friend suggested a ketogenic diet.
    Has anyone else tried this?
  • bluepepper16
    bluepepper16 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My b/g twins just turned 5, and I also have a singleton who's 8.
    After the juniors were born, I just kept gaining weight and found myself last summer weighing what I did when I was 9 months pregnant with them! Finally got serious about taking care of myself in January, and I'm down 26lbs so far ☺
  • aimeelav
    aimeelav Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Identical twin boys age 3, plus 5, 7 and 8 year old.
    I have recently started lifting (heavy) weights and love it. My world is all about the kids and what they need do it's been nice having something just for me.
  • RunnerGirl1402
    RunnerGirl1402 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My twins are 14, plus a singleton of 10. And being a single parent has its challenges. Just set yourself small targets, I do it in 5 pound increments. In my opinion MFP is life changing. And remembering that it's not a sprint has massively helped me. As they say..trust the process and the results will come.
  • WJS_jeepster
    WJS_jeepster Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I am a single mom of b/g 6 year old twins. The first year was spent in survival mode haze. Now that they are 6 I am finally getting my act together (sort of). I miss the person I used to be.

• yvettedutchie
    yvettedutchie Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Twin mom here, they are 4 and i have one thats 7. All boys, all trouble hahahaha
  • melissasue0317
    melissasue0317 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Twin mommy here too! My boy/girl pair turned 3 in March :smiley: They are definitely one of many reasons to why I started losing weight.

I was always obese, so I can't blame any weight gain on them. Lost and maintained 135lb loss on my own over the past 2.5 years
  • kramsgirl
    kramsgirl Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Twin mommy here too! My boy/girl pair turned 3 in March :smiley: They are definitely one of many reasons to why I started losing weight.

I was always obese, so I can't blame any weight gain on them. Lost and maintained 135lb loss on my own over the past 2.5 years

You are my hero! My boy girl twins will be 3 in July. I need to lose 110 and I'm about half way there. And my name is also Melissa (I'm assuming yours is from your user name). I feel like we should be friends. ;-)

Any tips or things that kept you motivated?