Two large glasses of wine

Options
Feeling really guilty - out with friends !! I need good on line motivation help!!!

Replies

• LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options
    I binge drink at least once a week and steadily lose. Enjoy your night, eat light tomorrow. Drink plenty of water.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    Would you consider mixing it with seltzer water?
    Buy your own and take it with you to the party. Watch others think it's a good idea. Maybe...
  • 20yearsyounger
    20yearsyounger Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Don't know what large is but I'm having 2 5oz glasses of red tonight - but I'm under my calorie goal.
  • Torontonius
    Torontonius Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Life's too short to feel guilty. Enjoy your wine and if you really feel bad about it, go for a long walk tomorrow to burn off the calories. This is assuming all other aspects of your eating are OK...
  • LizbethHeller
    LizbethHeller Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up, everyone needs a break once in a while. If you don't have a guilt free splurge every now and then, you'll more likely to get discouraged and quit.
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    I'm enjoying a glass of wine right now. Don't feel guilty and don't think I should.

Sorry if that's not motivating.
  • knelson095
    knelson095 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I drank a whole bottle yesterday. Not the end of the world. :smile:
  • fritzmann7
    fritzmann7 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Two 5 oz. glasses of wine are roughly 110 calories each. Are you over? If not don't worry about it. If you are, do some exercise tomorrow to work it off. I like to bike and can do 5 miles in 23 minutes (not a break neck speed) and burn over 300 calories.
  • mjwarbeck
    mjwarbeck Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Not a big deal...at least to me..
  • callie006
    callie006 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I had two with dinner and feel no guilt.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,884 Member
    Options
    Log it and put it in the past. Don't fret about it, beat yourself up, or (worst) keep going with eating/drinking because you've already slipped up. As long as you don't eat over maintenance calories very often, it won't have much effect on your overall progress. Just go back to your healthy routine as soon as possible. It'll be fine.

Don't be surprised if you see some extra water weight on the scale for a day or two after. Wait a few days before you assess the impact on your weight.

You have to eat/drink about 3500 calories above your maintenance calories to gain back a pound. You probably didn't.

If you log it, you'll know the calorie impact, and can estimate how long it will delay your reaching your ultimate goal (if at all). It won't be much delay, if any. Don't stress.
  • tinaka2016
    tinaka2016 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    LazSommer wrote: »
    I binge drink at least once a week and steadily lose. Enjoy your night, eat light tomorrow. Drink plenty of water.

Thanks, I had a good night. I guess you can't be good all the time. I'll hit the gym today.
  • tinaka2016
    Options
    Would you consider mixing it with seltzer water?
    Buy your own and take it with you to the party. Watch others think it's a good idea. Maybe...

Thanks for your support - that's a great idea!
  • tinaka2016
    Options
    I'm enjoying a glass of wine right now. Don't feel guilty and don't think I should.

Sorry if that's not motivating.

It was good to catch up with my friends, thanks!
  • tinaka2016
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up, everyone needs a break once in a while. If you don't have a guilt free splurge every now and then, you'll more likely to get discouraged and quit.

I know your right - thanks!
  • tinaka2016
    Options
    Life's too short to feel guilty. Enjoy your wine and if you really feel bad about it, go for a long walk tomorrow to burn off the calories. This is assuming all other aspects of your eating are OK...

Gym today - thanks
  • tinaka2016
    Options
    knelson095 wrote: »
    I drank a whole bottle yesterday. Not the end of the world. :smile:

So true, cheers !
  • tinaka2016
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Log it and put it in the past. Don't fret about it, beat yourself up, or (worst) keep going with eating/drinking because you've already slipped up. As long as you don't eat over maintenance calories very often, it won't have much effect on your overall progress. Just go back to your healthy routine as soon as possible. It'll be fine.

Don't be surprised if you see some extra water weight on the scale for a day or two after. Wait a few days before you assess the impact on your weight.

You have to eat/drink about 3500 calories above your maintenance calories to gain back a pound. You probably didn't.

If you log it, you'll know the calorie impact, and can estimate how long it will delay your reaching your ultimate goal (if at all). It won't be much delay, if any. Don't stress.

You really know your stuff - fantastic advice!! I have logged it as I see no use in not as I'd only be cheating myself. I'm off to the gym today and will resume a healthy diet. So hopefully it won't impact my end goal. Interesting about what you said about extra water and waiting a couple off days to monitor my weight - I surely will. Thanks!