Tummy Tuck time

Options
Eyvette1
Eyvette1 Posts: 76 Member
Well...my journey has been a long one but I can finally say I am holding my goal weight. Now it is time for a tummy tuck to get rid of all that baby skin and loose pouch from loosing all the weight. I am very nervous and hoping my healing time goes well. Anyone else have one that can give me the truth on healing time or advice?

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Congratulations and Good luck, I know everything will go well.
  • gaeljo
    gaeljo Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Wow huge decision there. Scarey.
  • papastu
    papastu Posts: 737 Member
    Options

agreed, good luck
  • Sweetpea472
    Sweetpea472 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I don't have any advice, but I'd just like to say CONGRATULATIONS for doing such a fantastic job!
  • christadoud
    christadoud Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    after having 3 kids i am thinking i will do the same when i reach my goal weight! sending you a friend request because I would like to hear about it when you have it done!
  • NikkisNewStart
    NikkisNewStart Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Congrats on reaching your goal. I also have contemplated the risk vs benefit and for me I chose not to do it. I'm happy that you're confident in your decision though. Good luck!
  • randisaucier
    randisaucier Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I don't have much advise, however a friend of mine had one done a few years back and she was 100% in about 6 weeks time. I too have made the decision (after many years of really thinking it through,120 pound weight loss, 2 babies over 9 pounds each, and once I reach goal, another 120 pound weight loss) to have it done. Congratulations on your success and I can't wait to hear about your end results! Please keep us posted on your recovery!
    I would also like to add a friend request if you don't mind as I would love to hear about your recovery!
  • Dropdeadgail
    Options
    Kudos to you for your weight loss. I had a tummy tuck about three years ago, and there were no excercises in the world that were going to remove the stretch marks and skin texture I had, and once I had it done, I was absolutely thrilled with the results. In my eyes, what each individual makes of the recovery varies. I was a very determined, strong woman who at the time did not have my spouses support on the decision I had made. So I put on my big girl pants and did what I had to do....did all the aftercare for myself, by myself. So with that said, like everything else, it is mind over matter. I was able to walk the week after, albeit very slow and hunched over, and at no given time during recovery did I feel like I was in intolerable pain. I started working out again about 2-3 months after the surgery, yes there will be swelling, and with everything else, maintenance is key. But boy did I look good, for the first time in my life, in a bikini. Remember though, you must stick with a healthy diet and excercise, or you will gain weight on other parts of your body,
  • staceyseeger
    staceyseeger Posts: 783 Member
    Options

I have thought about doing the same, but somehow the Cons have outweighed the Pros. No elective surgery for me. Good luck in your journey!
  • lustris
    lustris Posts: 152
    Options
    Congratulations! Recovery varies, but in my experience it was about 3 weeks before I could live on my own again (I stayed with my parents after the surgery) and about 6 months before the swelling started to go down. The only advice I can give is to rest, rest, rest. The pain can be a bit much, so when you feel yourself at about a 4/10 on a pain scale, take something. Between the surgery, and back pain (from being hunched over, because you can't possibly stand up straight) I found the pain at times, overwhelming. I found the worst part of the whole experience the drains. They got in the way of everything. Everyone is different though, and you may just whiz through your recovery! Good luck, and congratulations again!
  • Eyvette1
    Eyvette1 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Update...I did it. Surgery was Wednesday. All I can say is the pain day 1 and 2 is horrible. I would rather give birth again than go through that. Pain killers make you constipated so do yourself a favor and DO NOT eat broccoli as it produces gas you cannot get rid of. OMG Today is much better but still really sore. The drains are nasty, my muscle underneath is what hurts the most. I have not taken a peak yet at the results. I guess I am a bit chicken. I go in Thursday for a follow up and hopefully get these nasty drains out then. I will let you all know how it goes.
  • chiyuu
    chiyuu Posts: 13
    Options
    Keep updating us with your tummy tuck! Very interesting!
  • lizzie2190
    lizzie2190 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    congrats ! would love to see before and after pics when your ready :) x
  • debbiepa
    debbiepa Posts: 45
    Options
    Kudos to you! Good luck in the healing phase. Can anyone tell me the cost of your tummy tuck?
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    i agree, keep updating!
  • Fiesta80
    Fiesta80 Posts: 35
    Options
    Congrats! I know it's a scary decision as I have toyed with the notion myself once I lose the weight. Hope the rest of recovery is a breeze! :happy:
  • ImperfektAngel
    ImperfektAngel Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    speedy recovery (((hugs)))
  • almarsala
    almarsala Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I want to get one when I reach my goal weight as well.
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Give yourself time to heal and don't expect any lifting for sometime or carrying kids, anything on your stomach.

I know a few who have had it done and not easy but worth it! Being prepared is the key!

Make sure you have all the foods you will be able to eat in the house and whatever else is on your doctors list.

You will be fine and Big Congrats on your Success!
  • LaraRN
    LaraRN Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Congrats! A great reward to yourself for maintaining!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!