Down 62 lbs! 383 to 321 as of 4.22.16

Options
I hate taking selfies and rarely take them but I wanted to share a couple of them. Those days that I look in the mirror and see the "old me"... I just look at this pic and it helps to remind me of how far I've been blessed to come.

I'm 6'2" and I've always been the big guy that walked into a room and people would notice me. I used to enjoy that and then last year I decided I was tired of being the "big guy" as my friends have called me for years. I was tired of my knees and back hurting a lot. I was tired of breathing problems and having to order clothes from online because stores were becoming hard to find that carried my size. So I decided to pray about it and get serious. I prayed for the strength, willpower and determination to start and continue this journey.

I can honestly say that I feel my prayer renewed day by day because I still feel the same drive that I did a year ago.

I wish all of you guys the best! Good luck!

o1elktu6tiov.jpg

Replies

• shrcpr
    shrcpr Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    Great progress! Looking good!
  • fit4itall
    fit4itall Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Awesome progress!
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    You must feel so proud of yourself, and you should! You've made so much progress and the changes in your face are dramatic!! Lookin' good!
  • Georgiagiant82
    Georgiagiant82 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I believe it WAS the changes that I saw in my face that really opened my eyes. I was like..."wait... what are those? What are those depressions in my cheeks? Are those cheekbones?!" lol
  • martyohio
    martyohio Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's terrific!
  • crazymama2both
    crazymama2both Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Holy crap, nice work kid!
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,872 Member
    Options
    Love the reasonable rate of loss: wish more people would try for that. Looking good bro!
  • Danimeow
    Danimeow Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    That is really an inspiring post, it's so REAL. The reminder to focus my spiritual energy is something I don't remember ever doing regularly during any of my many attempts to lose weight in the past. Thank you very much for sharing this part of your story. :)
  • ToniaViafore
    ToniaViafore Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Wonderful! Not an easy task but you are doing it!
  • StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Keep up the good work!
  • efrensgirl2015
    efrensgirl2015 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Great job! And your eyes really opened up too.
  • gordonfitlog
    gordonfitlog Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Great job. Awesome work. Feel good, and keep going.
  • The_Changling
    The_Changling Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Very impressive...I am not sure if I have a right to say this, but I am proud of you. :-)
  • sodapoppin28
    sodapoppin28 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Great work I can tell you will reach your end goal in no time
  • ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    Options
    The power of prayer is an awesome thing. Keep it going, bro. :smile:
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Great progress! I think that God looks forward to prayers like yours.
  • Georgiagiant82
    Options
    Sorry, I am just now seeing these! Thank you for the encouragement. I want to help others like others have and are helping me.
  • jayrow473
    jayrow473 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Wow I have a similar situation my sw was 443 2 years ago I started to have alot of health problems especially with my gallbladder.I was laying in bed crying with the pain and I felt like I would die if I didn't do something... I started to pray and ask for strength to get my self started again.well I weighed in at 357 and I started this program.my previous weight was 387 so I was down 30#s. In 3 weeks and 6 days .it's been a month and I get weighed in this monday.but I tell you but for the grace of God... I have not been over my calories not once and I M keeping the food clean.for me I can say only with God can I do this. I get all my strength with prayer and God is good.... I think you look amazing with the weight you have lost ...I know you have a little way to go yet as do I but you looks great... God Bless and keep me in your prayers tonight as I will keep you in mine
  • Georgiagiant82
    Options
    jayrow473 wrote: »
    Wow I have a similar situation my sw was 443 2 years ago I started to have alot of health problems especially with my gallbladder.I was laying in bed crying with the pain and I felt like I would die if I didn't do something... I started to pray and ask for strength to get my self started again.well I weighed in at 357 and I started this program.my previous weight was 387 so I was down 30#s. In 3 weeks and 6 days .it's been a month and I get weighed in this monday.but I tell you but for the grace of God... I have not been over my calories not once and I M keeping the food clean.for me I can say only with God can I do this. I get all my strength with prayer and God is good.... I think you look amazing with the weight you have lost ...I know you have a little way to go yet as do I but you looks great... God Bless and keep me in your prayers tonight as I will keep you in mine

Thank you for that! We pray for so many different reasons in our lives... Why not pray for help in weight loss? He said he'd give us the desires of our hearts. My desire is to prosper and be in health even as my soul prospers!

I used to have gallbladder problems too! You're totally right. It's unbelievable pain.

So glad for your success and yes... Pray for me and I will pray for you!
  • Sexton1409
    Sexton1409 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Well done! Looking good, keep us posted on your progress
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!