How to bounce back after a Binge eating session?

Options
So this whole week I had followed my diet and exercise plan effectively. I even started to lose weight and get a flat stomach. Unfortunately something always triggers to fall off and binge, chocolate. I innocently rewarded myself with a chocolate bar to which caused me to fall off completely. One chocolate bar turned to three chocolate bars, Oreos, chips, a donut. I mean I went crazy, definitely over 2000 calories. I stopped eating at 10pm and now I feel completely terrible and hopeless

Replies

• abralea
    abralea Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is a new day...think positive ...you have been doing really well!
  • efokken
    efokken Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    .... I like chocolate too.... *sad face*... but really a happy face! lol
  • southbaysonia
    southbaysonia Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Like falling off the wagon and turning to drugs or alcohol, for me/in my experience, the decision to binge is made before the first bite. It's always emotional. It's helpful to me to think back - hard - and try to uncover the source. And, the morning after a binge, I drink a giant glass of hot water with A LOT of lemon in it. I imagine it's detoxifying my liver and will help in my body getting rid of all the junk I ate. FWIW.

SouthBaySonia
  • suzlee1995
    suzlee1995 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I've fallen off many many times! And I'm determined I will reach my goal! For me I've found I have to stay positive , don't dwell on it!! It's one day! Pick yourself up and try again tomorrow! It's better to start again now then to wonder how much you could have done in a few months!! Keep pushing !!!
  • Johnny13131313
    Johnny13131313 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Just move on don't look back, each day new chance to do better.
  • sarina87
    sarina87 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I struggle with the same triggers as you do. I have a weak spot for chocolate and cookies OMG. LOVE EM. I still haven't found any good ways to prevent these triggers unless you drink 2 glasses of water before you eat that chocolate. its tough. If that fails, just forgive yourself, were humans and nobody is perfect. One day of bingeing does not ruin a diet. Whenever that happens to me, I say to myself that I am going to get back into the groove tomorrow and be better than I was today. Pep talk yourself and forgive.
  • Mersie1
    Mersie1 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Dealing w exact same issue right this very moment. I agree w all of the other posters- new day tomorrow- it can be a good one
  • mgookin1
    mgookin1 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I just went through this yesterday. I just didn't eat back any of my exercise calories back today, that way it evened out somewhat.

Tomorrow is a new day, just do the best you can, that is all any of us can do!
  • kms263
    kms263 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I did the same this week. I'm so relieved to see I'm not alone!
  • Wepz
    Wepz Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    First thing is first, do not listen to all the Yes-Men who will tell you it's okay, today's a new day etc, instead you have to slam the breaks on, stop yourself from doing it again any time soon, and formulate a plan to burn the excess calories over the next week, for example, if you took in an additional 1000 calories, then walk for 1 hour for 2 days in the next week, this will then bring you back to your targets.
  • Runningforafew
    Runningforafew Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Wepz wrote: »
    First thing is first, do not listen to all the Yes-Men who will tell you it's okay, today's a new day etc, instead you have to slam the breaks on, stop yourself from doing it again any time soon, and formulate a plan to burn the excess calories over the next week, for example, if you took in an additional 1000 calories, then walk for 1 hour for 2 days in the next week, this will then bring you back to your targets.

Definitely what he said!
  • Steph1080
    Steph1080 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I will have to agree with everyone. We all have this same demon. If we didn't we wouldn't be I here and talking to complete strangers. So it's ok to forgive your self and start over. But keep in mind that if you keep doing it you are only hurting yourself and all your hard work. So it's all on you.
  • jennineguidry1964
    jennineguidry1964 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    My weakness is Mexican food.....I feel off the wagon last night when we went out to eat, Mexican. I ordered chicken tacos and asked for corn tortillas , they came on flour. I ate them, all 3 of them and they were delicious. I also ate a few chips, and they were great too! I followed my meal with a chocolate ice cream cone when we got home. I did not beat myself up.....today is a new day and I've been on track. If I don't feed my craving, I will binge eat.
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    There's lots of thoughtful and good advice on this thread. If I may offer some advice that works for me...don't keep that stuff in the house.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Wepz wrote: »

I have to disagree with attempting to work it off. Even if you think about spreading it out through the week the psychological side of trying to make up for mistakes often results in a binge/starve or binge/exercise cycle. The "today is a new day" thing isn't to cut someone some slack, it's reducing the stress that a true binge causes which helps prevent more.

Yes, she needs to figure out what her triggers are and come up with a plan to prevent it in the future. It's generally more involved than slamming on the brakes, which is relies heavily on will power rather than preventative planning and habit.
  • BVandehey5
    BVandehey5 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just dealt with this this weekend. I was trying the no sugar challenge from FedUp, and did so well I lost four pounds in a week and a half, and gained two pounds back from a landslide binge session. It sucked to see all my hard work wasted away for a few moments of pleasure, so I think that's what will be the most helpful for me in the future. Think about what that chocolate will do to all the improvements you've made
  • lauratovar218
    lauratovar218 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am recovering from a four day binge.... Just ate everything. Of course, cookies in the break room, Doritos at home. And, whenever I lose control of eating, I stop exercising. So dusted myself off and went to exercise class yesterday and am doing a bit better today. Hardest part for me is the bloaty, puffy feeling from all the salt, which makes the scale soar. Just know you are not alone. The strongest of us struggle.