6 meals a day

Options
I switched over to eating timed meals. I became aware that i was eating a lot from 2 or so on and then ending with too many calories at night. so I start at 7:30/8:00 and eat every 2.5-3.5 hours.

for those of you doing this. is it normal that I seem to feel more hungry when you first take this on? it seems so odd to me. I feel like I never stop eating. but right now i just ate and I am still hungry.

on a plus side my weight started back down again YAY!

Replies

• mommachag
    mommachag Posts: 318
    Options
    I switched over to eating timed meals. I became aware that i was eating a lot from 2 or so on and then ending with too many calories at night. so I start at 7:30/8:00 and eat every 2.5-3.5 hours.

for those of you doing this. is it normal that I seem to feel more hungry when you first take this on? it seems so odd to me. I feel like I never stop eating. but right now i just ate and I am still hungry.

• BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    When I started eating more frequently, I didn't experience any hunger at all. But just because you experience hunger and I didn't doesn't really mean anything...we're all individual and our bodies are all different.
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options

Are you balancing out your cals pretty evenly over the mini meals? Perhaps it's simply starting out and changing your method that will take a bit of adjustment? Being sure you get all your water in will help out too.

Exercise really kills the hungry feeling as well. If you've just finished eating and are still hungry 20 minutes or so later, you might need to add a bit more to that meal. If you eat and then are thinking you are still hungry only a short time after..it might not be true hunger but your body expecting more food because in the past it ate larger portions 3 times a day.

Our bodies adjust and they do it very well....but it does take a bit of time to create a habit....

Hope something here helps...good luck...:flowerforyou:

FC:heart:

Oh and YAY on the weight going down again!!:drinker: I actually never get hungry, I am though surprised to be finding I have to now break it down to even more frequent meal times a day. NWCountryGal/Denise does 7-8 a day and I think I may have to try that out...anymore I can't even eat a mini meal every couple hours...a piece of fruit and a few nuts seem to be all I need, so I think my body is wanting a change...and I'm ok with that. I've learned how important it is to listen to my own body rather than what may or maynot work for another.

Laura makes a good point:flowerforyou:
  • gnicolecan
    gnicolecan Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I think eating more often can increase your metabolism. Maybe that's why you are feeling hungry!
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Make sure your meals are good whole meals too. I used to eat a granola bar and call it a mini meal when it was sugar in a stick and left me soooo hungry a few minutes later when the sugar hit my blood stream. Now my meals have some type of high fiber something, some fruit or veggie, some fat, and protein. Like apples, rolled oats, walnuts, and yogurt. That's my favorite snack. I do notice I get hungry if I go past my 3 hours but I am good as long as I stay within the 3 hours. Check out the book The 3 Hour Diet by Jorge Cruise. It has some great meal and snack ideas. I don't follow it exactly because I spread the calories out but I got some good info from that book and his cookbook. Check them out at the library though no need to buy them.
    Amy:bigsmile:

118984.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • HustleRose
    Options
    Try to add some protein to each mini meal, too. It will really help keep the hunger away.
  • mommachag
    mommachag Posts: 318
    Options
    i try to combine both good carbs and protein at every meal. I am eating betweeen 200-300 a meal( i start at 1200 calories but I work out every day even if it's just light stuff and I am also still nursing a child
    though he isn't an itty bitty baby or anything.
    I try to stick with unprocessed whole foods. lot's of fresh veggies and fruits and I am getting really good at drinking all my water.

i think a lot of my "hunger" is emotional stuff. my husband is working overtime these next few weeks and I'm sad. normally the old me would eat every single high carb high fat food in the house. so maybe it's all in my head?
  • corawyatt
    Options
    Fiber!