5'0" and trying to lose 35 lbs. Any other short girls out there?!

Options
Hey! I'm Kelsey. I am looking for motivation to keep my diet on track. Add me if you want to keep each other motivated

Replies

• TooShortForThisWeight
    Options
    4ft 11 here
  • twinkletoes62
    twinkletoes62 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    hi im 5 ft
  • TxTiffani
    TxTiffani Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    5'1 with 25ish more lbs to lose:) I'll add you:)
  • GloriaE2016
    GloriaE2016 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    5'1" here and have about 32lbs left to lose. I'm very determined to lose it all before my 30th birthday in Oct.
  • urmiladevanathan
    urmiladevanathan Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    5' nothing with lots to lose.
  • cira0906
    cira0906 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    4'11"
  • rkit03
    rkit03 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    5'1" here. I've lost 25, but still have about 50 lbs left to lose.
  • julielynnanjarussell
    Options
    I am 5' and my goal is to lose 40lbs. Being short sucks though bc I reach my daily goal so fast!

Anyone else having trouble staying below 1200cal??
  • splash2016
    splash2016 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    5ft 1 here
  • holliesterr
    holliesterr Posts: 16 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Hello, I'm a shortie as well. Working on losing 40ish lbs. Lost almost 10lbs so far! I think 1200 calories per day is ridiculous, even for us short ones. Aim for 1500 calories a day. Do it for a week or 2. If you are seeing good results at the end of the week, that's great. If not, make adjustments to your diet or exercise more! Don't starve yourself by eating less then you should. I'm insulted that myfitnespal calculated me to eat 1200 calories per day...I'd be starving and so unhappy lol.

Anyway, I'm here looking for friends on here as well. Id like to see my home feed to be filled with more than just my own entries. :) People reading this, I'd your interested to add me, please feel free to do so.
  • twinkletoes62
    Options
    Hello, I'm a shortie as well. Working on losing 40ish lbs. Lost almost 10lbs so far! I think 1200 calories per day is ridiculous, even for us short ones. Aim for 1500 calories a day. Do it for a week or 2. If you are seeing good results at the end of the week, that's great. If not, make adjustments to your diet or exercise more! Don't starve yourself by eating less then you should. I'm insulted that myfitnespal calculated me to eat 1200 calories per day...I'd be starving and so unhappy lol.

Anyway, I'm here looking for friends on here as well. Id like to see my home feed to be filled with more than just my own entries. :) People reading this, I'd your interested to add me, please feel free to do so.

hi holliesterr add me if you like. us shorties have to stick together lol :)
  • twinkletoes62
    Options
    cira0906 wrote: »
    4'11"

hi cira0906. add me if you like. us shorties have to stick together lol :)
  • Wophie
    Wophie Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I am 5' and my goal is to lose 40lbs. Being short sucks though bc I reach my daily goal so fast!

Anyone else having trouble staying below 1200cal??

I'm 5ft with a good 2 stone to lose! I did start off trying to stick with 1200 calorie limit, but it was way too hard! I'm sure like everyone else here I'm looking for something sustainable rather than a quick fix, so I reduced my weekly goal from losing 1.5lbs a week to 1lb a week. This has made my goal 1400, which is far more realistic. Yes, it might mean I don't achieve my goal as fast, but from my experience, the weight APPEARS to fall off (and jump back on ;) ) quicker when you're short!
  • geeta81
    geeta81 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi there.
    Am 4ft 11.5" lol.
    Lost 14 lb already
    Looking to lose another 14-18lbs ☺
  • ying_ax
    ying_ax Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'11"
    Lost 10lbs already (been at this weight for 2 years)
    Looking to lose 5 lbs... And it's hard
    Add me if you want.
    My calories set at 1,200 a day.
    I do Pilates / I hate cardio(not good) T__T
  • jayjaybabie80
    jayjaybabie80 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello. I'm 5'2 and have lost 25lbs on my own. New to this and chose this for more support on weight loss journey
  • fightforfreddi2015
    fightforfreddi2015 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    5'0 I know the struggle.....
  • ejbronte
    ejbronte Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    5'0" and on maintenance since about July, hovering between 104 and 106. I had to lose between 28 and 30 pounds in 2014. Started working on that in November, and got to initial goal of 110 around May or June. I *think* I'd like to go down to 101 or 100, but am actually pretty comfortable where I am right now.
  • Bona806
    Bona806 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 trying to lose 45
  • smithtas74
    smithtas74 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and need to lose 50 lbs is 1800 calories too much a day?