Punching and Kicking my way through weight loss.

Options
Frank_Jr
Frank_Jr Posts: 103 Member
I did kickboxing/JKD in college. I trained in MMA for roughly 4 years. I currently train with a boxing coach once a week and follow MMA MP3s while hitting a heavy bag in my garage.
Anyone else into these types of workouts? Let me know.

Replies

• Jacob86r
    Jacob86r Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am not a pro but love the punching bag. I use it as my final stop during my workouts. Hit it for about 10 to 15 minutes for cardio.
    I enjoy it more than all other cardio workouts. Currently working on increasing my stamina on it.
  • Frank_Jr
    Options
    You should pick up some MMA/boxing MP3s for your bag workout. I can recommend a few if needed.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    You should pick up some MMA/boxing MP3s for your bag workout. I can recommend a few if needed.

I'd love some recommendations. Actual sessions are not feasible for me for a couple more months, but I have a heavy bag in my dining room (I can eat elsewhere, priorities are good). :laugh:
  • Frank_Jr
    Options
    Bas Rutten's MMA workouts are easy to find if you know where to look. Fight Smart (TRAV)'s striking and head movement workouts are awesome. JT Van V has some good boxing MP3s. You can find some decent workout on YouTube if needed.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Bas Rutten's MMA workouts are easy to find if you know where to look. Fight Smart (TRAV)'s striking and head movement workouts are awesome. JT Van V has some good boxing MP3s. You can find some decent workout on YouTube if needed.

Awesome! I'll go looking. I've just been doing as many punches and kicks as I can get in until I feel like falling over, take a breather, and get back at it. I would love something more structured. Thank you!
  • Frank_Jr
    Options
    If you miss a combination skip it. You'll get used to it the more you do it. I would also build up intensity. If you need to go slow at first, try to keep balanced and work on technique. As you get better, then you can build you speed.