Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    :huh: :noway:
  • kansascutie81
    kansascutie81 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I went thru every exercise on both cardio and strength I was just curious cause everyone tells me that's a good cardio apparently not cause its not listed so what is a really good high calorie burning cardio exercise that really gets the heart pumping
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    I went thru every exercise on both cardio and strength I was just curious cause everyone tells me that's a good cardio apparently not cause its not listed so what is a really good high calorie burning cardio exercise that really gets the heart pumping

There are no words...

Try running and then have sex afterwards.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

If you went through all the exercises listed, you saw the calorie burns they have--do you have a problem?
  • kansascutie81
    Options

If you went through all the exercises listed, you saw the calorie burns they have--do you have a problem?

You know there's really no need to be rude, I was simply asking a question and as far as looking up the exercises you have to put in x amount of time before it tells you how many calories you burn I just wanted to know if anyone can point out which one is the most effective and burns more that's all. But seeing as how a person can't ask a question without someone being rude I will figure it out on my own. I really thought this app was a place to encourage and help others in their weight loss journey, not to be rude to one another just because someone asked a question out of pure curiosity... thank you to the others for answering my question and not being rude about it.
  • snowflake954
    Options

You know there's really no need to be rude, I was simply asking a question and as far as looking up the exercises you have to put in x amount of time before it tells you how many calories you burn I just wanted to know if anyone can point out which one is the most effective and burns more that's all. But seeing as how a person can't ask a question without someone being rude I will figure it out on my own. I really thought this app was a place to encourage and help others in their weight loss journey, not to be rude to one another just because someone asked a question out of pure curiosity... thank you to the others for answering my question and not being rude about it.

OP--you, yourself said you had already gone through all the exercises listed. It is not rude to ask if someone is having a problem.
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Listing sex as exercise has been covered quite a bit on this forum. It's not really something someone should log as exercise. If you're simply curious about your estimated burn while having sex there are other places online that will calculate that but I'd take the result with a huge grain of salt.
  • kansascutie81
    Options
    synacious wrote: »
    Listing sex as exercise has been covered quite a bit on this forum. It's not really something someone should log as exercise. If you're simply curious about your estimated burn while having sex there are other places online that will calculate that but I'd take the result with a huge grain of salt.

Yea I looked online and it don't burn hardly anything
  • RobD520
    RobD520 Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Fitday has it as an available exercise. It's not enough to be worth logging though.
  • kansascutie81
    Options
    I was just curious as to why it's not in the list when doctors and all my friends say it's good cardio
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    I was just curious as to why it's not in the list when doctors and all my friends say it's good cardio

You DOCTOR told you it was good cardio? :laugh:
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options

I'm not sure why that's being said. People of all shapes and sizes are having sex daily. If it was such good cardio and burned a bunch of calories, overweight and obese people would be in the minority. Getting 30 to 60 minutes of physical activity at least three days per week is the normal recommendation but it's better to take a walk, lift some weights, or do actual exercise of some kind.
  • snowflake954
    Options

You DOCTOR told you it was good cardio? :laugh:

If her doctor said it was a good cardio exercise, he should know how many calories it burns.
  • Sherriediva1
    Sherriediva1 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    OP - these friends wouldn't happen to be guys would they? Lol ;) p.s. I've actually hit the button on my fitbit to just satisfy my curiosity, my heart rate did go up but as it wasn't a marathon session, the burn was minimal. But hey, 30 or 40 calories burned counts so..might as well enjoy getting them :)
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Sex-accounted for as part of your daily activity level, not exercise
    If you want to know how many calories you personally will burn doing something you can check it in the exercise database.
    Fot the same amount of time- Standing still burns least, walking briskly or dancing burns more than that, running burns more than walking
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Man, it's been years since I've described sex as "good cardio" lol Even then it's not enough calories burned to bother logging it..
  • kansascutie81
    Options
    Oh, goody....another one of the many, "Let me ask about sex calorie burns, so everyone will know that I'm having sex" threads.

Who says I'm having sex