Question

Options
2»

Replies

• eileen0515
    eileen0515 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I don't think logging everyday activities such as sex, housecleaning, shopping, gardening, etc. should be credited as exercise. Way to easy to mess up a deficit. I do think it's a good question though.
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Oh, goody....another one of the many, "Let me ask about sex calorie burns, so everyone will know that I'm having sex" threads.

Who says I'm having sex

I can't imagine why anyone would be curious about how many calories it burns, or care whether or not it's in the database, if they weren't doing it.

There have been many threads like this in the past; most just seem like attempts to say "Look at me! I'm doin' it! Bow chicka wow wow!"
  • kansascutie81
    kansascutie81 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Oh, goody....another one of the many, "Let me ask about sex calorie burns, so everyone will know that I'm having sex" threads.

Who says I'm having sex

I can't imagine why anyone would be curious about how many calories it burns if they weren't doing it.

There have been many threads like this in the past; most just seem like attempts to say "Look at me! I'm doin' it! Bow chicka wow wow!"

I could care less about seeking any attention it was a question asked out of pure curiosity simple as that. I'm not one to go bragging about my sex life or lack there of. I was just curious as to how many calories it burns and why some people say it's a good cardio.
  • kansascutie81
    Options
    eileen0515 wrote: »
    I don't think logging everyday activities such as sex, housecleaning, shopping, gardening, etc. should be credited as exercise. Way to easy to mess up a deficit. I do think it's a good question though.

I looked it up thru the search engine on my computer and it says men burn about 100 calories from start to finish where as women only burn roughly 68 calories
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

Who says I'm having sex

I can't imagine why anyone would be curious about how many calories it burns if they weren't doing it.

I could care less about seeking any attention it was a question asked out of pure curiosity simple as that. I'm not one to go bragging about my sex life or lack there of. I was just curious as to how many calories it burns and why some people say it's a good cardio.

Oh. OK.

ufpra8cbonyn.gif
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options

I looked it up thru the search engine on my computer and it says men burn about 100 calories from start to finish where as women only burn roughly 68 calories

It really depends how vigorously your'e doing it... Honestly, 68 calories sounds like an overestimate to me.
  • kansascutie81
    Options

It really depends how vigorously your'e doing it... Honestly, 68 calories sounds like an overestimate to me.

I don't know obviously you can't trust everything you read on the Internet. Either way I'm not trying to use simple task (washing dishes, sweeping or mopping or even sex) for exercise. My main source is a stationary bike and when I get my treadmill I ordered I will start running. I also use resistance bands and a ab wheel for strength training and of course squats and kick backs
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,485 Member
    Options
    I was going to post about fore play, chandeliers, and calorie burn. Then I started giggling so much I couldn't type.

Cheers, h.
  • lc355
    lc355 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    In my early twenties with a new partner sex was definitely a real calorie burner for me, so much so that I got really skinny and my friends worried I wasn't eating enough :D but like everything else, with age we've got super efficient (lazy?) and can get the job done with minimal effort.
  • amber76bailey
    amber76bailey Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I think it's more mentally healthy. Increases endorphins.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    lc355 wrote: »
    In my early twenties with a new partner sex was definitely a real calorie burner for me, so much so that I got really skinny and my friends worried I wasn't eating enough :D but like everything else, with age we've got super efficient (lazy?) and can get the job done with minimal effort.

Or maybe you're choosing the activity over food?
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

So your doctor was wrong--it's not good cardio. Facepalm.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    if youre worried about how many calories youre burning while having sex .... youre doing it wrong.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    if youre worried about how many calories youre burning while having sex .... youre doing it wrong.

Which "it" do you mean? :D

I guess...both?