H2O challenge for next week

Options
At least 100oz water per day! R u down?
As most of us know, we need to consume at least 64oz per day and some experts even say an additional cup for every 5 pounds u r overweight! Some of us may need more, some less! But let's keep in moderate....100 ounces a day!!!
Who will be the weakest link???? Not I
Please feel free to join the challenge, seeing that I need competition!
:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Suggestions r welcomed on how to check in...should we befriend each other or check in under this forum???

Let lock this up around 10-15 members....

Replies

• jesswiggin
    jesswiggin Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm always up for a challenge! I say we befriend one another and keep up that way!
  • getnfitn2011
    Options
    I just decided to give up even my morning coffee ( did I mention I LOVE coffee) for the next couple weeks and go easy on salt and sugar too as I need to jump start my losing again. So all that said I'M IN!! Name's Misty btw and I am from Kansas!
  • msnewbootie
    msnewbootie Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Cool...sending friend request now
  • monniemon
    monniemon Posts: 10
    Options
    i take the challenge newbootie, but i must warn u, i drink my water out of a 64oz mug everyday. I usually drink that much in one execrise session. Plus the medz im on gives me dry mouth so i figure i drink 64oz x 4 daily. im gonna win! how do i sign up?
  • myiceisonfire
    myiceisonfire Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I'm suppose to drink 14 cups a day, because I'm suppose to be 150, and i'm 210. yikes. that's LOT of water lol i think if i drank as much as i'm suppose to every day, i wouldn't have any room in my stomach for food =P
  • msnewbootie
    Options
    I am gonna make a sign sheet thru excel and I'll input water daily...
  • anna_lisa
    anna_lisa Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    The formula for how much water you drink is this.

Take your weight in lbs and divide it by 2. That is how many ounces a person should drink a day.......... Drinking too much water can be dangerous. You can strip your body of electrolytes in excess this can be deadly....
  • msnewbootie
    Options
    The formula for how much water you drink is this.

Take your weight in lbs and divide it by 2. That is how many ounces a person should drink a day.......... Drinking too much water can be dangerous. You can strip your body of electrolytes in excess this can be deadly....

Yes...I know that formula as well....but one time when I went from a 16 to a 4 in less the 4 months, the nutrionist suggested the formula I described earlier!!!
    Btw...R u in???
  • JoyCarter
    JoyCarter Posts: 37
    Options
    6 bottles of water a day ....I'll take a sip of it lol=) I'm in!
  • AwesomeSauce4
    AwesomeSauce4 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    Count me in Sweetie!!! :wink:
  • emmerrs
    emmerrs Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!
  • lidunne
    lidunne Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Go on, i'll try too, i don't drink nearly enough water and tend to lean more towards coffees and teaa.... or beers, nom, nom!!!!!
  • Myra73
    Myra73 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm sure nobody on here would go overboard, but be careful of over-hydration too. It's not as common dehydration, I think, but just something to keep in mind. I know of someone who overdid it last summer, it messed up his sodium levels, gave him seizures, and almost 2 weeks hospitalization. He may have had underlying conditions that made him more susceptible, but just keep it in mind.

Here's an article about it... http://www.merckmanuals.com/home/sec12/ch158/ch158c.html
  • msnewbootie
    Options
    I'm sure nobody on here would go overboard, but be careful of over-hydration too. It's not as common dehydration, I think, but just something to keep in mind. I know of someone who overdid it last summer, it messed up his sodium levels, gave him seizures, and almost 2 weeks hospitalization. He may have had underlying conditions that made him more susceptible, but just keep it in mind.

Here's an article about it... http://www.merckmanuals.com/home/sec12/ch158/ch158c.html
    Advice taken...now r u in???
  • dont_give_up
    dont_give_up Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Count me in!!
  • msnewbootie
    Options
    Ok fellow challengers...there r 10 of us so far and 2 maybe's.
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    i am game
  • anna_lisa
    anna_lisa Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    lol yeah sorry.............. I am in
  • mags2504
    mags2504 Posts: 275
    Options
    Yip I'm up for that, is that just over 3ltrs.
  • nickiog
    nickiog Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    me too. i just got a new bobble bottle so i guess this would be a good time to break it in.