first weigh in Monday

Options
I have my first weigh in this Monday. Kind of excited and worried at same time. I have started the weetabix diet again. I did this 12 years ago and it really worked. I lost 5 stone on it. Well im back at this weight again. Looking for friends to help me and i can help you. :)

Replies

• mumbles2013
    mumbles2013 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Hey hun what is the weetabix diet?
  • Angelarkin
    Angelarkin Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You start the day with weetabix for breakfast have a light meal for lunch and then a dinner you have unlimited veg and fruit you can build your meals up with. I will see if i can send the link when i get my laptop on
  • mumbles2013
    Options
    Ok thanks. How long did it take you to lose the 5 stone the first time round?
  • lizwooshy
    lizwooshy Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am not well-versed on Weetabix and the PDF wont download, but from what you have written it sounds like weetabix is a diet product you have to buy special.

I would recommend looking at some of the Stick-ied threads to learn about calorie counting /food choices. There is no need to follow arbitrary rules or buy costly products (although eating good portions of veggies is great for health).

Good luck! :)
  • mumbles2013
    Options
    lizwooshy wrote: »
    Hello, I am not well-versed on Weetabix and the PDF wont download, but from what you have written it sounds like weetabix is a diet product you have to buy special.

I would recommend looking at some of the Stick-ied threads to learn about calorie counting /food choices. There is no need to follow arbitrary rules or buy costly products (although eating good portions of veggies is great for health).

Good luck! :)

It's a wholewheat cereal and the plan just encourages you to have it for breakfast with fruits and a healthy lunch and dinner. It's nothing crazy
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    I love Weetabix, but the diet outlined in the PDF is both restrictive and undefined.
    It gives a reasonable meal plan with approximate calories per meal, but encourages one to use a digital scale.
    Also 1200 calories is a low goal for a lot if not most, of people.

If you like Weetabix, as I do, by all means incorporate them for the fibre benefits, but I think you would do better entering your stats into MFP and eating what foods you like within your calorie goal.
    At least if you are going to follow the diet make sure you weigh measure and log your food to the calorie deficit MFP gives you. The idea that vegetables are free is an old WW one to encourage people to eat them.
    It is much better to log and account for them if you are looking at building a maintainable lifestyle.

Cheers, h.