Options
    bmayes2014 wrote: »
    WAY TO GO!! *stands and does the wave**
    Haha. Thanks.
  • fastpitch2015
    fastpitch2015 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    brenn24179 wrote: »
    wow what a difference, you let us know it can be done.
    Thank u!
  • starseed777
    starseed777 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Well done! I am inspired.
  • ridge4mfp
    ridge4mfp Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I am still trying to get my chin off my chest from my jaw dropping. You are truly an inspiration.
  • fastpitch2015
    Options
    ridge4mfp wrote: »
    I am still trying to get my chin off my chest from my jaw dropping. You are truly an inspiration.

Aww. Thank you. I hit 7 months this coming week. I will update. I continue to loose. Thank you!
  • Shaunamax78
    Shaunamax78 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    You are an inspiration for sure. Keep up the great, great work's :)
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Congratulations for turning your health around. I'm surprised, from your photo, that you say you still have weight to lose. What is your goal body fat or BMI like?
  • R0ckabe11a
    R0ckabe11a Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    WOW you're an inspiration. Amazing well done.
  • okungbowa
    okungbowa Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Congrats you motivate me
  • BiggDaddy58
    BiggDaddy58 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I find it hard to believe that much weight in 6.5 months. That is not healthy and no Dr. or dietician would ever recommend it. I am not saying you did not do it..simply find it incredibly hard to believe. That is almost 30 pounds a month , every month. And 100 pounds in 100 days is crazy. I can understand dropping 20-30 pounds the 1st month..maybe even the 2nd month..but it gets harder after that to consistently lose 30 pounds a month? Just saying...175 pounds lost would be incredible in 1 year.
  • fastpitch2015
    Options
    I find it hard to believe that much weight in 6.5 months. That is not healthy and no Dr. or dietician would ever recommend it. I am not saying you did not do it..simply find it incredibly hard to believe. That is almost 30 pounds a month , every month. And 100 pounds in 100 days is crazy. I can understand dropping 20-30 pounds the 1st month..maybe even the 2nd month..but it gets harder after that to consistently lose 30 pounds a month? Just saying...175 pounds lost would be incredible in 1 year.

Hi. I actually don't hit 7 months until 3 more days. I'm at 180 pounds lost now. I was very obese. I am only 5'7. My ideal weight should be about 160. When I started eating the right amount of calories and moving. Walked ng mostly. My weight came off fast. 100 pounds off on day 100. Then I'm staying around 20-25 pounds a month. If you do enough moving and have enough dificent you will see results as I am having. If you watch the shows with the trainers helping people with excess weight loss because if morbid obesity you will see it happens all the time. I put the work in and I have seen the results. Here is me 7 months ago and me today actually. kum4id7oq5yt.jpeg
    mf4vuebs1rs6.jpeg
  • mylifeisbeautiful
    mylifeisbeautiful Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    You are amazing!! Congrats to you and your wife (for being so supportive)!
  • fastpitch2015
    Options

Thank you. She's my rock. She has drop 60 lbs with me.
  • markrgeary1
    markrgeary1 Posts: 853 Member
    Options

Thank you. She's my rock. She has drop 60 lbs with me.

Double congratulations!
  • Jose2716
    Jose2716 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • LuckyMe2017
    LuckyMe2017 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Great progress! What was/is your regimen?
  • fastpitch2015
    Options
    Jose2716 wrote: »
    Great job!
    Thanks!
  • Will210
    Will210 Posts: 201 Member
    Options

He looks much healthier than he did prior to the weight loss. To me the benchmark for 'is this healthy or not' is the activity level. He was walking more and more - if it was not healthy - he would not be able to keep up the exercise. I would be willing to bet that fastpitch's blood tests would also be vastly improved - a lot of money on that one.
  • MariaCMcDonald
    MariaCMcDonald Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I just started and my first weigh-in with myself showed a 3.4 lb. loss. So I am very motivated to keep going.
  • Microscopes
    Microscopes Posts: 92 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    6.5 months = 27 weeks.

175 pounds * 3500 = 612,500

612,500 / 27 = 22,685 calorie deficit per week or 3,240 deficit per day.

So, the first few months it looks like your TDEE was around 4,900. So the weight drop in the beginning makes sense.

But what about after that? For example, when you lost a little weight...

TDEE for a 5'7 male, weighing 350 pounds and "active" (sports 4 to 5 days per week) is 4,271 average.

4271 - 3240 = 1,031 calories per day.

Were you eating 1,031 calories per day? Or is my math wrong? I'm just trying to figure out how you accomplished this calories wise.

Congratulations on your success. I hope I can be half as successful!

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!