Need to get this off my chest

Options
2»

Replies

• MargaretLunan
    MargaretLunan Posts: 5,299 Member
    Options
    we have all had some kind of a wake up call to be here. mine was when the doctor said you are diabetic.now your journey begins .good luck.
  • kmartftw
    kmartftw Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You can totally do it, just think in a year from now if you dont start eating right and excercising, you will be thinking damn i wish started getting in shape right now. I was well over 300 pound, i am now about 220. I feel like i have lots of work to do yet but the change has been the greatest thing to happen to me. The main thing to statt with is really cutting back on eating, and eating healthier foods only, and a HUGE KEY is to drink alot of water, and i mean alot. I drink up to about 8 litres a day. I also havent been sick in a very long time which i think the water consumption aids to that. You can do it, started getting in the swing of it and youll be comfortable with it in a month and wont want to stop. Coming from an ex-very large person, i know you can do it. Im 23 and i can still say youre young, my dad has lost about 60 pounds eating proper and drink alot of water and just going for walks often. He is 56, you can do it! Good luck!
  • Rockstar_sister
    Rockstar_sister Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your support! I have done this before here, I've been a member since 2012, but life got in the way. I blew out my knee, etc. when I say I'm a stay at home mom, I don't have a lot to do, my youngest is 14. He's the only one in school, the other two (19 & 22) work full time jobs, like my husband.

Today, we ran into Lowe's (as we are remodeling some of our house - to add to the funk I've been in, ha!) and he made a comment and I completely shut down. I'm a very loud, funny, mostly confident, where I hold myself high, person, but when he asked me what was going on I told him. Fighting back tears while in Lowe's (and I'm not a crier - it takes a lot to make me cry). I told him I was miserable - not with him but with myself. I told him about my "ah ha" moment yesterday because he made a comment about me doing a lot of typing last night (this post and others) but I just blew him off. So I came clean today about it all. He told me that he knows I am different than him (6'4" 340 pounds - that can quit eating cold turkey and it not bother him - he just recently lost 75 pounds) but he's glad that I came to the realization that it's something I have to do myself. He can only be my support system and he says he will gladly be there to root me on. I told him (funny and sad, but true) that I don't even want to have sex with him because my I just lay there right now and then my body starts clapping where my fat is hitting itself (sorry for the image, but it's funny). He just shook his head and laughed at me, but in all seriousness, he is there for me to be my cheerleader and to slap the donut out of my hand if I try to eat it. He is very understanding. He is very supportive. I am very lucky to have that in my life, because I know several people don't even have that. Now, just to do it.

I said earlier that today was my D-Day, but that's been move to tomorrow. We went to breakfast, though I made decent choices, I'll be able to eat only the foods I prepare tomorrow. I will log today, but I know I'll go over quickly.
  • PantoneRed
    PantoneRed Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    This is the most soul-baring and courageous post I have read here. I applaud your honesty and strength for recognizing that you've got to change the way you've been living. You are ready. Ready to get back your health, your confidence, a new attitude. You've got support with your guy and tons here! We're rooting for you Lady!
  • kpeterson539
    kpeterson539 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I know this may sound really "stalkerish" but I just took a look at your pics you have posted on here of yourself. Do you know you are a beautiful person with an absolutely stunning smile?

We are generally our own harshest critic picking on the worst things about yourself but please remember the GOOD things about yourself while trying to change somethings. This is, occasionally, a really tough road but you need to remind yourself that you are worth it.
  • PantoneRed
    PantoneRed Posts: 40 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
  • Rockstar_sister
    Options
    I know this may sound really "stalkerish" but I just took a look at your pics you have posted on here of yourself. Do you know you are a beautiful person with an absolutely stunning smile?

Thank you so much! I know I can "clean up nice", but I'm truly not "feeling pretty" these days, not even a little. It sounds petty, but make up, doing my hair and clothes make me feel better about myself. I don't even have clothes that fit right now.... everything is really snug. I am the only one that change that. I am to that point where I am really ready to do something about it.

• AlyAlyAlyboo
    AlyAlyAlyboo Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Add me for a fun fresh perspective on starting your adventure towards a healthier happier fab you...I have a ways to go as well...50 days strong on mfp
  • Rockstar_sister
    Options
    Thank you to everyone for your kind words of encouragement. I am officially on day 2, though I'm still not eating under calories yet, but it's a work in progress. One day at a time. One meal at a time. I understand today's overage is thanks to me being away from the house the majority of the day.
  • Nicklebee93
    Nicklebee93 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I think we all have those types of realizations, the "oh god i became that person!" I hated looking at myself in the mirror, i had a ugly double chin and felt completely disgusted with myself. We all need that kick in the face sometimes. Good luck on your journey, it's well worth it.
  • valente347
    valente347 Posts: 201 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Seshankle wrote: »
    Thank you to everyone for your kind words of encouragement. I am officially on day 2, though I'm still not eating under calories yet, but it's a work in progress. One day at a time. One meal at a time. I understand today's overage is thanks to me being away from the house the majority of the day.

You are right that it's one day at a time. At my highest weight I was 100 lbs heavier than I am now. I am still struggling to get to my goal weight, but it has been 8 years since my record high (with some ups and downs since then), and I tell myself every day I'm getting better at making good choices. Just like every day I practice being a better wife, a better teacher, a better citizen, I have to practice making good food and fitness choices.
  • steviejanedrake
    steviejanedrake Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    really refreshing honest post. feel free to add me motivation from others in a similar situation is so important and easily accessible here on mfp. good luck and keep me posted. wishing you the best!
  • ilovecereal82
    ilovecereal82 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Oooooh what a great post!!!! You're flipping fantastic lady!!! You're totally going to kill it and be an effing superstar!!!