1 corinthians 6:19-20

Options
It's time for me to make a new beginning for myself! I'm done dieting for the wrong reasons. I'm going to start eating healthy and exercising because it is important to take care of this temple that I've been so graciously given! With being healthy, the weight will come off, but that isn't the reason I want to focus on anymore. I'm going to focus on the truth that my body is not my own and I want to treat it well because it's Jesus' (1 corinthians 6:19-20). I'm just loaning my body for now and I'm gonna take good care of it while I have it!:) Bless you guys in your journeys of weight loss! I know it's a struggle and I'm here to pray for anyone and everyone who asks!

Replies

• sla0814
    sla0814 Posts: 240
    Options
    Feel free to add me! God bless you on this journey!:)
  • fultzjaf
    fultzjaf Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    That is a good way to think of it, and I agree. Most people do not think of it like that but it's true. God has given us all that we have and we need tot ake care of it all. I'll pray for you on your journey. :smile:
  • HaleyAlli
    HaleyAlli Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    Amen!! Feel free to add me we're on this journey to glorifying God together!
  • Micheller1210
    Micheller1210 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    It is trues we are responsibile, for what we have been given, our bodies are an amazing temple we live in, when I think how intricate it is I'm astounded, and how I have miused it, thankfully his mercies are renewed. God bless you!! You can add me too :-)
  • manda2j
    manda2j Posts: 63
    Options
    awesome! would love to have any of you as friends :) great to find likeminded people
  • Hananiah
    Hananiah Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I just started reading a book called "Cross Trained" that talks about becoming spiritually and physically fit. Awesome read so far.

http://www.amazon.com/Trained-Develop-Maintain-Spiritual-Physical/dp/1891116045/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1308504783&sr=8-1

If you want you may add me.
  • reneepugh
    reneepugh Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Nice to have you, well spoken!
  • bestdaysahead
    bestdaysahead Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Would love to have you as a friend and mentor. I feel the same exact way! Keep up the great thinking!!
  • faithjobes
    faithjobes Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    the discipline from eating right/exercising spills over into other areas of you life...spiritual...very good!
  • Mandired78
    Mandired78 Posts: 69
    Options
    Great post! I need to stick those verses on my fridge!

Best of luck to you on your journey-you can do this!
  • bhuntington12
    Options
    You all are so inspiring :) Has anyone read Made To Crave? Its a great book on filling ourselves up with God's love and not food.