Am I too old for him?

Options

Replies

• windime
    windime Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all of the input, I feel more comfortable now. I guess all my years of low self confidence because of my weight played a little part in this. He now knows my battle and is even going to the gym with me for support
  • mpfand
    mpfand Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I'm 43 and my husband is 53. We just celebrated our 23rd anniversary. I don't think it's weird at all.
  • lesleyloo7879
    lesleyloo7879 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    windime wrote: »
    Thanks for all of the input, I feel more comfortable now. I guess all my years of low self confidence because of my weight played a little part in this. He now knows my battle and is even going to the gym with me for support

sounds like a good guy enjoy !!!!
  • WRLemmon
    WRLemmon Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    It tends to be more about maturity than real age, if you find you are compatible, and enjoy each others company age has little to do with it.
  • Sundance321
    Sundance321 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    love ...is love....is love....is love.....
  • deaddolly
    deaddolly Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Nope. If you were a guy dating a 29 year old -- this probably wouldn't even be a question. It all depends on the maturity level, both of you and for him. Guys mature at a snails pace...so he may not be where you are right at this moment. Most 37 year old female are looking to settle down. Most 29 year old guys are not.

Don't worry -- have fun!
  • RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    Options
    Relationships succeed and fail based on your astrological signs... EVERYONE knows that... the age thing... not so much... LOVE is more than a chronological happenstance... if he gives you butterflies... and you give him butterflies...you don't belong here asking strangers to read your tea leaves.
  • RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    Options
    <--- Libra BTW :P
  • toned_thugs_n_harmony
    toned_thugs_n_harmony Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    as long as you can accept he might ditch ya when you start getting too old for his liking...
  • judydj1220
    judydj1220 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    LOL! This made me think of a dear friend of mine, who is older than me. Many, many years ago, she began dating a guy whom she said was younger than her and was from the same small town I grew up in. She told me his name and I **gasped** - - I used to babysit him!! So, he was more than a few years younger. :D They've been married for more than 15 years now. Age is nothing these days...
  • Khenanrise
    Khenanrise Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It's all preference. I prefer a seasoned woman personally..
  • TrailBlaz3n
    TrailBlaz3n Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    as long as you can accept he might ditch ya when you start getting too old for his liking...

This. Just keep him beyond happy in the bedroom and everything will be fine.
  • lisciousg24
    lisciousg24 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Age is but a number. I agree with not dating your kids friends, nor anyone their age. Now that would be too young.
    My husband is 6.5 years younger and we've been married for 12 years now. We have a great relationship! It all depends on how you two get along.
  • Maurissa77
    Maurissa77 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Just ask yourself this: If you were 16, would you date an 8 year old?

You, my friend, are one delicious troll.
    I like it.
  • ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend is 6 and a half years older than me, we have been together nearly 7 years so nope don't think age is an issue if you're both consenting adults
  • GoJohnGo71
    GoJohnGo71 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    When I was 42 I had a 28 year old girlfriend. Wasn't a big deal. And I have gone the other way and dated women ten years older than me.
  • Matty_Bowman
    Matty_Bowman Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Are you happy yes / no? There is the only logic you need.
  • klkarlen
    klkarlen Posts: 4,366 Member
    Options
    I dated and eventually married a man 9 years younger. The one down side for me was after 18 years and one child, he hit his mid life crisis and asked for a divorce - for a woman 10 years younger than he is. So no, you are not to old for him, but you might be in the future.
  • dagost17
    dagost17 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    If it works, go for it. I'm going to be 31 and sadly, I have not found a mature man in the 28-31 year old range :# Hell, even the 35/36 year olds I've dated were immature!
  • Pathmonkey
    Pathmonkey Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Could be a problem if it lasts and the age difference starts differering energy levels.